twenty-one

"Corinne," a voice said from behind, Corinne turned around to see Scott who was grinning, "Has he done it yet?" he asked. Corinne frowned and stared at him confused, done what? She watched as Alex hit the back of Scott's head and stare at him angrily. Scott laughed and quickly ran away. "What was he talking about?" Corinne asked before looking at Alex who seemed flushed, he shook his head quickly and walked closer towards her. "Don't worry about it," he muttered before wrapping his arms around her from behind. 

Corinne frowned and sighed before grabbing onto his hands and turning around to face him, she leaned against the kitchen counter and sighed. "You always say that," she whispered before bringing her fingers to the side of his face. "And it's always something," she muttered, she leaned in and kissed his cheek gently. She then lowered her hand and Alex held onto it, he kissed her forehead lightly and quickly brought his hands on her lower back. Corinne stared at him as he pulled her close, "Guys- mom said we could hav-" Corinne immediately pushed Alex away and he looked away embarrassed. 

She stared at Scott who was laughing awkwardly, "Uh, mom said we could have cake," he muttered slowly. Corinne felt her cheeks go red and looked at Alex who shrugged, "Okay kiddo," he said before following Scott out of the kitchen. He then winked at Corinne, she rolled her eyes and followed them into the dining room. She sat down and faced Sophie who was smiling gently before giving her a slice of cake. "Happy birthday Scott," Corinne said before picking up her fork and digging into the cake. 

"Thanks!" Scott said with a grin, Corinne frowned, he was acting odd for some reason. Corinne looked at Alex who was smiling to himself. She sighed and looked at the slice of cake she had, she took a bite and nodded. "This is really good, did you make it yourself?" Corinne said before looking at Sophie who nodded quickly. "Thank you dear," she muttered. As Corinne finished her cake she felt a tap on her shoulder and Alex grabbed onto her hand before dragging her out of the house. They stood at the front porch, Corinne frowned and looked around confused, why here?

Alex sighed and Corinne stared at him curiously, "I need to talk to you," he said suddenly, Corinne blinked and nodded, "Go ahead, I'm not going to stop you," she laughed. He gave her a serious look and she nodded, "I really love you," he started, "With my life, with everything I have." Alex muttered. Corinne felt her heart racing and she nodded, Alex held onto her hand and reached into his pocket to take out a small box. Corinne's eyes widened and she immediately shook her head in disbelief, "I love-I love you so much Corinne, I can't stop thinking about you, so-" he paused, "Corinne Dane will you marry me?" he asked softly.

Corinne blinked in shock and didn't know what to say, "Alex," she started, "Alex," she whispered before wrapping her arms around him. She pulled him close and laughed quietly, "Yes," she muttered quietly, "Of course, I love you, I love you," she leaned in and kissed him passionately. "I love you so much," she whispered before kissing him again. Alex pulled away and quickly opened the box, "I don't know if it fits so-" he started before grabbing her fingers and Corinne hummed interestingly. 

"You just can't wait huh?" she asked curiously, Alex gave her a frown and she laughed as he placed the ring on her finger. Corinne took a look at it and smiled, "It's beautiful," she whispered. Alex wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead lightly, "I love you," he muttered, "I love you," Corinne brought her fingers to the side of his face and nodded. She laughed softly and he smiled, "I love you too Alex," she said gently, "I love you too," Corinne then noticed Scott looking through the window excitedly, he then raced to the front door and opened the door quickly. 

"Yes!" he shouted, "I have a hot sister!" he said before jumping up and down. Corinne blinked and stared at him with an odd look, "You're marrying my brother right? That means you'll be my sister," Scott cried out. Corinne looked at Alex who seemed amused, she lowered her hand and rolled her eyes before hitting Scott lightly, "And if I'm your sister you should respect me more," she muttered before walking inside. Scott laughed and looked at Alex, "Best birthday gift ever," he said. Alex nudged him playfully before rolling his eyes, "Oh shut up," he muttered. 

Sophie walked towards Corinne and smiled, "Congratulations dear," she said with a small smile, Scott then grabbed onto Corinne's arm and pulled her towards the living room. "I'm giving you a warning now," he started, she blinked and stared at him confused, "If you ever hurt my brother," Corinne laughed and sighed, "I would never hurt him Scott," Scott nodded and gave her a certain look before looking away. "Just because you're pretty doesn't mean you won't," Scott muttered, "I'm warning you-" 

"Scott, I won't, you know I won't- I've known Alex since before you were born, trust me. I wouldn't want to hurt him," Corinne said with a smile, she patted Scott's head lightly before walking away. There was suddenly a knock at the door, Corinne frowned and heard a siren in her head, she cried out in pain. Scott stared at her worriedly and Alex immediately rushed towards her, "What's wrong?" he asked quickly, "Corinne?" Corinne winced in pain and quickly brought her hands to her head. 

She then heard a familiar voice, Corinne blinked and shook her head in disbelief, "Carter," she started before walking towards the front door. Corinne stood face to face with a tall man who had brown hair and brown eyes, his hair was messy and he grinned. "Corinne," he muttered before walking towards her. Corinne took a step back in disbelief, he was supposed to be dead. How did he survive the fire? How did he find her?