thirty-two

"Okay and how long has this voice been there?" Erik asked curiously, Corinne shrugged. They were outside a cafe, and Corinne had to hide her horns with her hoodie and basically hide her identity. "Ever since Apocalypse," she muttered, "You have to help me, it's so annoying and sometimes it's gone but when I'm alone, it's always talking to me, telling me I'm some god or something," Corinne said quickly. Erik nodded and took a sip from his coffee, "Interesting, so it didn't disappear after he left," he muttered, "Do you think there's a reason?" he asked.

Corinne blinked and shook her head, "No? " she muttered confused, "I just want it to go away!" she sighed and stared at Erik who nodded. "Okay, so from what I heard you started to manifest these odd-like powers because of Apocalypse? Don't you think this is exactly who you were meant to be?" he asked curiously. Corinne looked away and frowned, was Erik right? "I mean, I can't say for sure but what Apocalypse apparently did was he enhanced our powers, what if this was like Hank's case?" Erik asked.

"You mean this is my true self?" Corinne asked in disbelief, "My brother doesn't have goat horns," she muttered angrily. "But you may be right," she admitted. She grabbed her coffee and took a sip before sighing, "We should go back to Charles and ask him," she said suddenly. "Wouldn't that be a good idea?" she asked. Erik gave her a certain look and laughed before placing his mug on the table, "We have bigger plans Corinne, a safe place for all mutants, a place other than Charles' school." he said.

Erik then sighed, "You can go to Charles' place," he said finally. "If you want?" he asked curiously. Corinne frowned and nodded, "It's been a while since I last saw Alex," she said quickly, "Maybe it's a good idea to go back," she smiled. Erik nodded and stood up, Corinne did the same and he kissed her hand lightly, "See you later," he said, Corinne smiled. Erik let go of her hand and smiled back, "You are going to come visit me right?" he asked. Corinne nodded and he nodded in satisfaction before walking away, "Alright, goodbye for now!" he said.

"Goodbye," Corinne answered, she quickly took off her hoodie and sighed. Who cares if people saw? She then stretched out her arms before placing a ten dollar bill under her coffee cup, "Oh my god," Corinne turned around to see a surprised mother and her kid. "Are you a princess?" the little boy asked, Corinne laughed and the mother stared at her in disbelief. "She's one of those mutants Reed, from the news," the mother said quickly. "I'm so sorry for bothering you," she looked at Corinne apologetically.

Corinne shrugged, "Hey, no, it's fine." she smiled, the little boy smiled and looked at his mother before looking back at Corinne. "What are those horns for?" he asked curiously. His mother gave him an angry look while Corinne shook her hand, "No worries, they're what makes me special," she said, the little boy nodded and then looked away. "Are you a princess?" the boy asked again. Corinne blinked in surprise, "A princess? No, no, I'm just a normal person. Like you," she smiled. The boy frowned and shook his head, "No, you don't look normal, you have to be a princess or maybe a god?" he asked.

The mother laughed awkwardly and pulled the boy away, "Sorry, we have to go now Reed," she said before walking away. Corinne sighed and she closed her eyes before phasing away, she opened her eyes and appeared in front of Charles' school. She nodded and walked inside to immediately see her brother, "Coco?" he asked confused, "Oh wait- we'll talk later, I'm late!" he shouted before running away. Corinne laughed and rolled her eyes, she then saw Angel at the top of the stairs.

He flew down towards her and nodded, "Corinne, my lady, my goddess," he muttered before bowing in front of her. Angel then gave her a surprised look, "He's down the hall, in the second room to your left," he said quickly. Corinne nodded and Angel grinned before patting her back lightly as he walked out of the school. Corinne walked slowly towards the room, she then stopped before entering the room, she peered inside to see Alex teaching. Alex teaching?!?! "What a beautiful sight to see," she whispered.

Corinne knocked on the door but Alex didn't look up from the book he was reading to the class, "I'm busy Scott," he muttered, the students turned to look at her and one of them gasped. Corinne placed her finger on her mouth and smiled, "Well, I need to talk to you now," she said sternly. Alex looked up and quickly dropped his book on the ground, "Okay class, uh continue reading until page 178," he said before walking towards Corinne quickly. "Rinne!" he whispered excitedly.

"Alex!" she whispered mocking his tone, Alex gave her a certain look and rolled his eyes. Corinne smiled, "I missed you," Alex said quickly before wrapping her into a hug. Corinne blinked and sighed before faking a frown, Alex stared at her worriedly. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, Corinne shook her head, "What's wrong?" he asked quickly, "Rinne?" he muttered. Corinne stared at him and blinked, "You didn't kiss me," she whispered before pulling away. Alex's eyes widened in disbelief, Corinne cracked a smile and he rolled his eyes before leaning in to kiss her.

He brushed her hair away from her face before he caressed her softly, Corinne closed her eyes as Alex kissed her hard. She moaned in his mouth as his fingers reached her waist and quickly pulled away, she covered her mouth in disbelief. Corinne's eyes widened before she shook her head, "Kiss me," she whispered. Alex stared at her confused, "Come on Alex, don't you love me?" she asked slowly, "Kiss me," she begged. Corinne pushed him against the wall outside the classroom and stared at him lustfully, she leaned in and kissed him passionately.

Alex brought his hands inside her shirt as he kissed back hard, his rough hands on Corinne's skin made Corinne shiver. She placed her hands on his shoulders as she shoved him against the wall hard, Corinne kissed him roughly. Corinne then pulled away before leaving kisses on his neck, Alex let out a small groan, Corinne smiled in satisfaction. "Rinne," he whispered softly before staring at her carefully, "Oh god," he said before kissing her again. Corinne closed her eyes and pulled him closer, it felt so good.

"Alex! This is a goddamn school you can't just make out with Corinne anywhere you want!" Corinne blinked and immediately pulled away from Alex, she turned around to see Charles who stared at her in disbelief. "I don't even want to know," he muttered annoyed, "Welcome back Corinne, congratulations on ruining innocent children's minds with your little act," Charles said. Corinne looked away embarrassed and rolled her eyes before looking at Alex who seemed even more embarrassed. "You two are grown adults, learn to act like it," Charles muttered before wheeling away.

Corinne licked her lips and laughed before kissing Alex softly, "I'll see you after school then," she teased. Alex held onto her tightly before pulling away, "What are we going to do?" he asked curiously. Corinne stared at Alex thoughtfully before smiling, "You'll see," she whispered before kissing his cheek lightly.