seventeen

1976

Corinne stepped out of the car and brushed down her skirt, it's been almost two months since she's seen Alex, which was longer than she expected but there was a lot to be done back at the school. She looked at the address and nodded, this was where he was. Apparently. The house looked fancy and quite big actually, she looked at it in awe before walking towards the front porch.

"Hello?" Corinne called as she knocked on the door, the door opened and Corinne stood face to face with an older woman who had blonde hair and blue eyes. "Hi!" Corinne said, "Is-uh, is Alex here?" she asked curiously before peering inside the house. She saw a young boy who walked up and stared at her confused. "Scott, is your brother home?" the woman asked looking back at the boy.

Scott shook his head, "He went out to grab some groceries," he replied, "He said he'd be back in a bit," the woman nodded and welcomed Corinne inside the house. Corinne looked around and smiled before looking back at the woman who was staring at her oddly. "Oh my, I've been rude, my name is Sophie Summers, and this is my youngest son Scott," she said pointing at Scott who waved politely. Corinne nodded, "My name's Corinne Dane," she said.

Sophie gasped, "Oh, who are you? Are you one of Alex's friends? You know, from the army?" she asked before leading Corinne into the kitchen. "Well, dear, won't you take a seat and I'll whip up some coffee for you?" she asked excitedly. Corinne nodded and Scott sat right across from her, "What do you want with Alex?" he asked suspiciously, "Are you a mutant too?" he added. Corinne blinked and didn't know what to say, she looked at Sophie who was bringing her some coffee.

"Yeah, I am a mutant," she muttered before using her telekinesis to lift the cup of coffee. Scott stared at her in awe before looking at his mother who looked quite surprised. "Do the X-Men need Alex or something?" Scott asked his voice filled with concern and worry. Corinne raised her eyebrows and laughed, Scott seemed to be protective. "Oh no, I just promised Alex I'd come," she said softly feeling her heart flutter.

She couldn't help but smile, she was finally going to see Alex again. It was going to be great! Scott nodded and quickly stared at Corinne oddly, "Why are your eyes like that?" he suddenly asked. Corinne blinked and didn't know what to say, "Scott! Don't be rude," his mother said from the living room. Corinne shook her head, "It's fine, I was born with it, heterochromia," she muttered.

Scott opened his mouth to say something but Corinne suddenly heard the front door open, "Scott! I got your stupid new comic book," she heard Alex shout. She stood up quickly and walked out of the kitchen to look at him. She smiled and Alex's eyes widened with surprise, he dropped the bags he was holding and quickly ran towards her before wrapping his arms around her. Corinne hugged back and held onto him tightly, he brought his hand to her head and pulled her close before kissing the top of her forehead lightly.

Alex then pulled away quickly in shock, he then looked at Scott who was staring at them confused. "Mom! Alex has a girlfriend!" he shouted, Corinne blinked in surprise before laughing, she stared at Scott carefully as she remembered what Logan had said about him. She sighed and nodded before looking at Alex who frowned. Scott quickly walked into the living room leaving Corinne and Alex alone, "Hey, I missed you," he said quickly, his eyes darkened as if something was troubling him. 

Corinne blinked, "I'm sorry, I got caught back, there was an incident with a mutant and we had to go-" she paused and looked at Alex who seemed a little on edge, "Hey are you alright?" she asked softly, he pulled away from her grasp and shook his head. "I waited for you Corinne," he said, "I waited and you didn't come, you didn't even call, I mean I thought you forgot," She shook her head as he looked back at her, "Don't you even know how much you mean to me? Rinne, you mean the world to me and you're just like-" he muttered.

"Alex, I'm sorry," she said, "I don't know what else you want me to say but you have to believe me, please," she whispered as she tried to grab his hand. Alex stared at her and shook his head before looking away, "Rinne, you hurt me," he muttered. "And I love you but I just can't stand the fact that you just leave and it gets me worried. What if something happens to you? ". Corinne felt her heart drop and she felt tears in her eyes, she opened her mouth but nothing came out, she didn't have anything to say anymore.

She breathed heavily and suddenly she felt the ground shaking ever so slightly, "Do you really mean that?" she whispered as she stared at Alex. Alex then looked away before looking back at her, she felt tears streaming down her face. "No, no," he muttered. "Come on, of course I didn't mean that," he wiped the tears off her face and stared at her for awhile before kissing her forehead, "You're here now aren't you?" he asked. Corinne nodded and he nodded with her, Alex then leaned in and kissed her.

Corinne wrapped her arms around him and kissed back passionately, pushing him against the wall. He grinned as she pulled away and kissed her as he placed his hands around her body. "Corinne," he whispered as she laid her head on his chest, "I missed you," he muttered. Corinne kissed his neck causing him to breathe out shakily. She then pulled him close to her and kissed his cheek lightly. "I missed you too Alex," she mumbled.