twelve

Corinne stared at the building, she'd been here before, twice actually. The Pentagon, the world's most secure prison but it also had the weakest security, or so that's what it used to be like. "Hey," Corinne said as she reached the desk, she had bought a wig and even had contact lenses so her eyes would match. She noticed a tour over on the other side and smiled, she looked around and sighed, guards were everywhere, there was no way to get through except for- 

She pulled Logan towards her and quickly stared at Charles and Hank who were talking to front desk. The guards were staring at her suspiciously and she quickly bit her lip, "Act important or something," she whispered before she then held onto his hand. She looked at Logan and he looked back at her confused. Corinne quickly dragged him towards the guards, "Hi, my boyfriend and I got lost, we were wondering if you knew where the other tourists went?" she asked softly while twirling her hair. 

The guard stared at Corinne then Logan before looking at the other guard who shrugged and pointed them towards Hank who was giving them a small thumbs up and a nod. Corinne smiled and stared at the guard thankfully, "Thank you so much," she said before dragging Logan towards Charles and Hank. She then let go of Logan's hand feeling her heart racing, what was that? "Sorry," she said quickly, "I just needed a reason," she muttered. 

"Come on," Corinne pressed as she dodged through the crowds and headed towards the stairs. Charles stared at her curiously, "You seem to know a lot about this place," he muttered. Corinne looked back at him and Logan before rolling her eyes, "This isn't my first time coming here," she whispered before using her ability to open the doors. Logan stared at her curiously, "Oh yeah, why'd you have to come here before?" he asked. 

Corinne laughed, "We used to live around here before my dad was murdered," she muttered. She then opened the door and suddenly saw water spraying from the ceiling of the kitchen, she quickly blocked the water with her ability and shot a shield over Logan. "Murdered?" he muttered confused, Corinne shrugged and he stared at her thankfully. "Oh so you're going to give one to him and not me?" Charles asked, annoyed. Corinne rolled her eyes before shooting a shield over Charles. "Happy?" 

She then stared at two guards who were pointing a gun at them and noticed Charles sputtering some nonsense. Corinne quickly twitched one of her fingers making both men fall, "Come on," she muttered before lifting the keys from the guards and quickly placing it inside the lock. "Are we sure we want to do this?" she asked before opening the door. Logan shrugged and Charles did the same, she rolled her eyes as she unlocked the door revealing Peter, and Erik. 

Charles quickly walked towards Erik angrily, "Charles?" Erik muttered confused before Charles quickly punched him. Corinne held in a laugh and looked away before looking at Logan who seemed amused. "Good to see you too, old friend, and walking," Erik said, surprised. Corinne stared at him and scoffed before rolling her eyes, "Corinne," Erik whispered before nodding. Corinne looked away and let Charles and him talk for awhile. 

"You know him well?" Logan asked, Corinne blinked and looked at Logan confused before nodding, "Well yeah, Charles picked me up when I was 15, been with him ever since," she muttered. "I'm guessing since you're from the future, he's your teacher?" Corinne asked curiously. Logan stared at Corinne and nodded, "I never see you in the future though," he whispered, "Odd, because you would get along with Cyclops and the others perfectly fine," Logan said. 

Corinne frowned, "Cyclops?" she whispered curiously before suddenly seeing a bunch of guards, she quickly looked at Erik who was looking at Charles. "Freeze them Charles," Erik said quickly. Corinne blinked and Charles frowned frustratingly, "I can't," he muttered angrily. Corinne looked at Logan who suddenly stared at her, Corinne nodded and raised her arms to move the items in the kitchen. In about a few seconds she saw all the guards unconscious on the ground. 

She stared at Peter impressed before walking past him and patting his shoulder lightly as she followed the others, "Thanks," she muttered, she heard Logan thank him as they walked out of the building. "So are you going to tell me who Cyclops is?" Corinne asked as she and Logan walked side by side. Logan looked at her and nodded, "Just some guy, he should be born already, his name is Scott Summers," Logan said quickly. 

"Summers?" Corinne whispered curiously, Logan gave her an odd look before walking into the plane. She frowned and stared at him with a certain look, "Scott Summers?" she asked confused, "Wait, Scott Summers," she repeated. "Does he have a brother?" she asked quickly. Logan gave her an odd look and shook his head, "Not that I know of why?" he muttered. Corinne blinked and looked away worriedly, "It's nothing," she stammered. 

Logan shrugged and she sat down, she sighed before moving closer towards Logan. "So tell me what's in the future?" she whispered gently. Corinne stared at Logan and he looked back at her curiously, "It's complicated," he answered. "You know who Scott Summers is don't you?" Logan said as he looked away. Corinne blinked and frowned before shaking her head quickly, "Oh no, I don't- I don't know a Scott Summers, I do know an Alex Summers," she said with a small nod. 

"Alex Summers?" Logan asked confused, "Never heard of him," Corinne frowned, so he's never heard of her or Alex. What does that mean? She and Alex, where are they in the future then? "Oh, okay, weird," Corinne muttered before looking at the ground. Why was it like that? Was it because of something? Are they dead in the future? She frowned and looked around confused, what happened? Or rather, what happens? "I'll tell you everything," Logan said interrupting her thoughts. Corinne stared at him and nodded, "Thank you," he grabbed a stray strand of her hair and kissed her forehead lightly. She felt her heart racing and her eyes went wide, "Logan," she whispered.