thirteen

"How did you lose them?" she heard Erik ask as they were on the plane. Charles looked at him and sighed, "The treatment for my spine affects my DNA," Charles said. Erik looked at Charles in disbelief, "You sacrifice your powers so you could walk?" he scoffed. Charles stared at him evenly and shook his head slowly, "I sacrificed my powers so I could slee-" his voice broke before he shook his head. "What do you know about it?" he asked. 

Erik looked at Corinne before looking back at Charles, "I lost my fair share," he muttered, Corinne rolled her eyes, what did he lose? "Ah, dry your eyes Erik, doesn't justify for what you've done," Charles said. Corinne nodded in agreement, Erik wasn't there when Charles broke down, Erik abandoned them. "You've no idea what I've done," Erik said shaking his head.

"I know you took the things that mean the most to me," Charles said, his voice breaking as he had tears in his eyes. "Well maybe you should've fought harder for them." Erik replied, his voice filled with angst. Charles looked tense, "If you want a fight Erik, I will give you a fight!" Erik stood up and Corinne tried to stand up but Erik signaled her to sit back down. "Let him come," he muttered. 

Charles grabbed onto Erik, "You abandoned me! You took her away, and you abandoned me!" he shouted angrily. Corinne felt her heart racing and could feel the plane shaking, "Angel." Erik started, "Azazel, Emma, Banshee. Mutant brothers and sisters all dead!" he shouted. She felt the plane shaking and started to lean to one side. She stood up and faced Erik as she tried to move the plane back, "Countless of others, experimented on! Butchered!" Erik yelled. 

Corinne stared at Erik evenly, "Erik!" she whispered, "Erik stop!" she tried to say as the plane continued to go down. He had gotten stronger, "Where were you Charles? We were supposed to protect them! Where were you when your own people needed you? Hiding! You and Hank! Pretending to be something you're not!" Erik shouted angrily. Corinne quickly grabbed onto Erik's arm and squeezed tightly, the plane steadied. "You abandoned us all!" Erik finished. Charles stood up and walked towards where Hank was. 

"So you were always an asshole," Logan muttered as he lit up a cigar, Corinne couldn't help but laugh in agreement. "I take it we're best buddies in the future," Erik said before looking at Corinne. "I spent a lot of years trying to bring you down bub," Logan mumbled before taking the cigar out of his mouth. Corinne stared at him curiously, "And how did that work out for you?" Erik muttered. 

Logan blinked and looked at Corinne, "You're like me, you're a survivor," Erik turned back at stared at Logan. "Do you wanna pick up that shit up?" Logan muttered before looking at the mess Erik made. Erik stared at the ground and rolled his eyes, Corinne laughed. She stood up and helped Erik clean up the mess with her ability.

 She noticed Erik giving her a certain look, "Whatever you're thinking, I'm not going to do it," she muttered annoyed. After a moment of silence, a thought suddenly popped into Corinne's mind. "Logan," she whispered under her breath, she then looked at Logan. "What happens in the future? Do you- are you doing to tell me?" she asked curiously. Logan gave her a certain look before nodding, "I will, just wait," he said as he took out the cigar. Corinne frowned and looked away annoyed. 

"Why does it matter so much?" Erik asked looking at Corinne, Corinne blinked and looked away ashamed. She then stood up and stared at Erik evenly, "Because I care about what happens," she whispered confidently. Erik blinked in disbelief and quickly shook his head, "Yet you chose not to care about what would happen to Raven," he muttered, Corinne faced Erik and nodded slowly. "Listen Erik, I went to the Pentagon to save you," she said sternly. "Don't make me regret my choice," 

Erik stared at her evenly and scoffed, "I'm guessing you also decided to hide out with Charles and Hank?" he muttered in annoyance. Corinne blinked and looked away ashamed, she did hide with Charles and Hank but for a good reason. They needed her, "They needed me," she stammered, "I needed them, and unlike you Erik, I have a family, they are my family." Corinne blinked, "The school was my family and they were all shipped out to war," she muttered. 

"And so you'd hide? What about your other fellow mutants out there?" Erik snapped, Corinne looked up from the ground in shock before shaking her head. "Don't you think I wanted to help?" Corinne shouted angrily, "I did, but some things are more important than going out and getting most likely shipped out" the plane started to shake but Corinne continued, "Where were you Erik? When they started experimenting on mutants? We built a safe place but now they're all gone!" she cried, she raised her arm but then suddenly felt someone grab onto her. 

Logan quickly pulled her towards him and she cried out confused, "I know you're upset but fighting will not solve anything," he muttered quickly. Corinne stared at him and immediately looked away as she realized she was staring for too long. She felt her heart racing and slowly got out of his grasp, "Oh no," Logan said before grabbing her arm again, "You're going to stay here," he said sternly. Corinne laughed and rolled her eyes, "Keeping me safe?" she teased as he brought her close. He smiled and chuckled softly, "Of course sweetheart," he muttered.  

--

As they reached the room, Corinne noticed all the men running away, she took off her sweater and quickly looked at Charles who was immediately at Raven's side. "Charles," Raven whispered slowly. "Cor- what are you two doing here?" she asked confused. Corinne blinked and rushed towards her best friend, "Raven, please, you have to stop what you're about to do," she begged desperately. "For the fate of our future, we need you to listen to us for once," Raven stared at Corinne confused and Corinne quickly felt someone push her away. 

Corinne watched as Erik pointed the gun at Raven, "No! Erik!" she tried to stop him from pulling the trigger, Hank then tackled him onto the ground but Erik used his ability to make it follow Raven, Corinne quickly tried to move it into another direction making it hit the side of her stomach. She let out a cry letting Raven escape and she held onto the wound tightly, blood seeped through her fingers. She looked up and noticed Logan looking around confused, he looked like he was dying. 

She felt Charles rushing towards her and saw Erik following Raven, Hank trailing behind. "Who the hell are you guys?" Logan suddenly asked, Corinne coughed out and he stared at her curiously, "What the hell happened?" he muttered confused. Corinne blinked confused and Charles helped her up, "I'm Charles Xavier, this is Corinne Dane, you spent the last couple of days with us," Charles said, "Are you on acid? Someone gave you really bad acid, yeah?" he asked. 

"Professor?" Logan muttered curiously, Corinne winced in pain and groaned before trying to breath, she held her breath. "I just saw someone who was going to bring me a lot of pain one day, where's Raven?" he asked before looking around. Corinne cried out and quickly tried to take the bullet out, "Oh, god, let's go," Logan said before carrying Corinne up. Corinne blinked and felt her head spin, "No, no we need to get Raven," she whispered softly, "Logan-" she stammered, her heart racing. Logan looked down at her and sighed, "Shh, you're going to be okay, just stay calm okay? Corinne, please-" he whispered quickly.