thirty-five

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Charles asked, Corinne nodded, "Your ability will be gone temporarily, are you sure?" he muttered. Corinne stared at Alex who stared back, he didn't show any sign to not take the medication. "Corinne, you're making a mistake." Raven said before barging inside the room with Hank. Corinne looked at Raven and frowned, "Mutant and proud remember? Why are you taking that away?" Raven asked. 

Corinne sighed, "To be normal, to look normal," she said quickly, "I mean Hank does it, why can't I?" she asked before looking at Hank who immediately looked away embarrassed. There was a knock at the door and Corinne's eyes widened surprised as she saw Erik, "Word gets around fast doesn't it?" Erik asked. He stared at Corinne carefully before looking at the others, "Good to see you again Charles," he said as he nodded at Charles who stared at him confused. 

"Erik, it's good to see you again, what brings you here?" he asked curiously, Erik looked at Corinne before moving to the side to reveal Angel. "A friend told me what was happening," Angel gave Corinne an apologetic look before walking away, Corinne frowned and bit her lip nervously. "Oh great, now everyone's here," she whispered. "Everyone's here," she repeated. Corinne cracked a smile and laughed, kill them, kill them. Look at the opportunity Corinne. Kill them. Corinne blinked and shook her head quickly, "Not right now," she snapped. So you'll do it eventually? Or maybe I'll make you do it.

Corinne shook her head again and groaned, "No, you can't make me. Look, I'll-" Are you just weak Corinne? You really think these peasants can bring you peace? Look at you. You deserve to be more than that. "They're my friends, and I'm fine where I am right now, I don't need power," she said quickly. "Just get out of my head," Corinne I haven't even told you who I was, don't you want to know? Just listen to what I say and you can have whatever you want. "I don't need anything, just get out!" Corinne shouted. She suddenly heard a glass fall from the table and everyone stared at her, "Sorry," she whispered before picking up the glass pieces using her ability. 

"Still in your head?" Erik asked curiously, Corinne suddenly focused on Erik and nodded before looking away. Kill him first, then kill the others. "Kill him first, then kill the others." Corinne said aloud, "Do it or I'll do it myself," she looked around and everyone stared at her worriedly and confused. "Kill him!" she shouted as she stared at Erik. Erik gave her a surprised look and Corinne shook her head, "Corinne calm down," Corinne heard Charles say, "You need to calm down and focus," he muttered. 

Corinne felt tears in her eyes, "I can't!" she whispered, "I can't you need to-" her voice broke. Kill them Corinne, do it now!  "I can't," Corinne shouted, "You need to leave all of you just leave," she begged before dropping onto the ground, she felt the ground shaking and held her breath nervously. You're weak! Corinne shook her head and cried softly, "I'm not," she whispered desperately, "Just leave," she begged. She watched as Raven stared at her and walked towards her, "I'm not going to leave Corinne, we're your family." she said quickly. 

"If you don't leave I'll fucking kill you!" Corinne then yelled before standing up, "All of you, leave or I'll kill you, I swear!" she shouted angrily. Corinne felt a jab of pain in her left leg and winced before noticing Erik holding a knife with his ability. She shook her head and turned around as she headed towards the windows, Corinne closed her eyes and jumped out using her ability to block all injuries. She rewinded the knife wound and breathed heavily as she landed in the middle of the field where students were playing. 

The students immediately cried out and ran away, Corinne stared back at the window to see the others all staring at her. She raised her arm and blasted the side of the school causing a small explosion. Corinne watched as they disappeared from her sight and she frowned, where did they go? Find them, find them. Then kill them. Corinne nodded, all she felt was anger, all she felt was rage. She needed to kill them, suddenly she saw a red blast barely missing her, Corinne looked to her side to see Alex. 

She stared at him emotionless and raced towards him, he dodged her punch and Corinne frowned. Corinne then went to strike him but he dodged again, "You're so fucking annoying can't you just stay still for once," she shouted before tackling him onto the ground. Alex's eyes widened with surprise, Corinne then felt a sting of pain before she coughed out. Corinne stared at her forcefield and looked behind her to see Erik's knife. She grabbed it and quickly watched as Erik tried to pull her with it, Corinne grinned. She stood up and kept Alex on the ground with her ability, "Erik you know you can't defeat me," she whispered. 

"I know, but he can," Erik then revealed Logan, Corinne's eyes widened in shock before she stared at him in disbelief, "Logan," she whispered before walking towards him, "What are you- aren't you? Oh my god," she quickly wrapped her arms around him before frowning. This wasn't Logan, "Raven," she muttered before getting injected with something. Corinne twitched as she felt her head spinning, "You dumbass that isn't going to work on me," she whispered before pushing Raven away. 

Raven fell to the ground and Corinne took out the needle before tossing it onto the ground and stepping on it. "I'm sorry but I have to do this," she raised the knife and pointed it at Raven who stared at her in shock, "Don't do this Corinne!" she shouted, "Corinne," she begged. Corinne then got pulled back by Alex who got on top of her. Corinne's eyes widened surprised as she held onto the knife, "Rinne," Alex whispered, "Rinne please," he muttered, "What are you doing?" What are you doing? Kill him now! Corinne felt her heart racing and she quickly gave Alex the knife, "Kill me," she whispered under her breath. 

"What?" Alex asked confused, Corinne stared at him and felt tears streaming down her face. Kill him! Do it Corinne, and I will show you everything. "No, Alex, kill me," she begged, "Do it please, before I hurt you again," Corinne whispered. Alex immediately shook his head and dropped the knife on the grass, Corinne grabbed it and shoved it at his chest. "Please," she begged, "Kill me," she muttered. Alex shook his head but Corinne pointed the sharp part at her heart, "No there has to be another way," he said, "Corinne," 

"Alex you promised, Alex please, you promised," she pressed, "Please," she whispered, Alex stared at her and there were tears in his eyes. "I love you," he whispered, "I love you," he begged, "Please don't go," he said quickly. Corinne quickly closed her eyes before opening them again, she raised the knife and then her hands shook with fear, "Kill me Alex, do it," she whispered. Alex grabbed the knife from her and threw it away, "I won't, I don't care if you kill me, I want to be with you right now," he muttered. Alex blinked and Corinne stared at him in disbelief, she then used her ability to take the knife. "If you loved me you'd kill me," she whispered.