thirty-three

Corinne dried her hair before walking out of the bathroom, she blinked as she saw Alex who was waiting for her. Corinne stepped back in shock before looking away, she held onto her horns and sighed, "Not today?" she offered. Alex rolled his eyes and gave her a certain look, Corinne frowned and combed her hair with the hairbrush she was holding. Alex walked towards her and grabbed the brush from her, "Come sit," he muttered, Corinne sat with him on their bed and she sighed.

He brushed her hair gently and softly placed his fingers on her horns, "So pretty," he whispered, Corinne flinched and pushed his arm away, "Don't- uh, don't touch them," she muttered, Alex gave her a certain look before nodding, "Okay," he said quickly. "I'm sorry,". Corinne bit her lip and looked away before leaning on Alex, "I really am Corinne," he muttered before making her look at him.

"Why do you call me that now?" Corinne asked curiously as her gaze met his, Alex blinked and ruffled his hand through his hair before looking away. "It feels more formal I guess," he muttered, Corinne frowned, "I meant, we don't seem as close as before, I don't see why I still have to call you-" Corinne blinked innocently and Alex frowned before looking back at her gently, Corinne pouted and shook her head slowly in disappointment. "But it's our thing," she whispered.

Alex stared at her and his eyes widened as Corinne went to sit on his lap, "Don't you think that?" Corinne asked softly before leaning her head on his chest. Alex placed the hairbrush on the nightstand and smiled before kissing her forehead lightly, "We belong together Alex," Corinne said as he laid on the bed. Corinne leaned in and kissed him passionately before taking off her nightgown, "Don't we?" she teased softly. She could feel his heart beat and Corinne smiled with satisfaction, "Corinne," he stammered nervously, "I thought you said you didn't want to do this," Alex muttered.

"You want me to though don't you?" Corinne tilted her head to one side before unbuttoning his shirt, Alex didn't answer, he was staring at her carefully as if looking for something. Corinne frowned, "Don't you like me?" she asked softly, Alex suddenly frowned before sitting up. Corinne pushed him back down, "Come on Alex," she whispered as she dragged a finger down from his chest. Alex stared at her and shook his head, "This isn't right," he said quickly, Corinne shook her head and placed her finger on his mouth.

Corinne leaned in and kissed him passionately, Alex kissed back hard. Corinne quickly laid on the bed next to him and he was soon on top, "Alex," she whispered seductively, "I want you Alex," she muttered before closing her eyes. "I need you," Alex soon placed his mouth on Corinne's neck. She moaned as he nibbled on it softly, "More," Corinne begged before opening her eyes and sitting up making Alex let go of her confused. She wrapped her arms around him before kissing him on the lips hard, she then went and took off his pants. "Corinne," Alex whispered as she touched him.

She stopped and frowned, "But Alex," she pouted before unstrapping her bra, "I want you," she begged. Corinne felt her heart racing and her head spinning but she ignored it, "Alex," she moaned softly, Alex stared at her and shook his head but Corinne could tell he was close to giving in. Alex blinked and stared at her, his eyes filled with passion, "I know," he muttered before wrapping his arms around her waist. Corinne cracked a small smile and positioned herself so she was on top of him, she sat on his lap and kissed him gently.

As she pulled away Alex stared at her curiously, Corinne gave him the same curious look and pouted, "Alex fuck me," she said confidently. Alex's eyes widened with surprise and she nodded quickly, "I'm yours," Corinne whispered slowly, "So take me," she begged. "Do whatever you want," Alex placed his hand on her thigh and Corinne moaned as he touched her. She waited for Alex to undress her before biting her lip and pulling Alex's head towards her chest, "I love you Alex," she whispered.

--

Corinne opened her eyes to see Alex laying asleep in front of her, her eyes widened with surprise as she remembered what happened. "Good morning love," she heard Alex whisper, he opened his eyes and smiled before bringing her closer, "Did you have a good sleep?" he asked curiously. Corinne blinked and rolled her eyes, "What do you think?" she whispered before wrapping her leg around his. Alex gave her a curious look, "Of all our years together, I got to say that was the best sex I've ever had with you," he muttered.

"Oh really?" Corinne teased before rolling her eyes again, "I must have gotten better!" she joked before sitting up. "Right?" she asked. Alex nodded and held onto a stray strand of hair from Corinne, "I love you," he whispered, Corinne stared at him gently and sighed. She then kissed his forehead lightly before pulling him close, Alex rested his head on her stomach and looked up at her with a smile. "You're so beautiful," he muttered softly. Corinne looked away embarrassed, "Don't you have a class to teach?" she asked.

Alex's eyes widened with realization before he sat up quickly, "Oh no!" he cried, "The class!" Corinne laughed and shook her head quickly, "Don't worry about it, I'm sure Charles will understand," she muttered before yawning. Alex gave her a certain look and rolled his eyes before hitting Corinne playfully, "He's going to kill me," he said, "Well, I'll see you after class?" he asked. Corinne stared at Alex thoughtfully before shaking her head, "I don't think so, I have to see Erik," she said with a small smile.

"What?" Alex asked confused as he stopped buttoning his shirt, Corinne blinked as she realized he seemed upset. "Oh, never mind," Alex then muttered before walking into the bathroom. Corinne followed him and he gave her a certain look as he combed his hair, "You don't want me to go," she said slowly. Alex immediately shook his head and scoffed as if it were nothing, he faked a smile and patted Corinne's shoulder lightly. "Of course not, I'd love for you to go," he said quickly, "Why don't you say hi to him for me?" he asked.

Corinne watched as Alex walked away and she frowned, soon they reached the door. "I love-" she started, Alex nodded and didn't look back. "Yeah, I'll see you." he muttered before closing the door in front of her. Corinne immediately opened the door and quickly raced after Alex, "Alex!" she shouted before the school bell suddenly rang. She watched as students raced out their rooms and she rolled her eyes before pushing past everyone using her ability. "Alex Summers!" she shouted, "You come back her right now," she demanded. He stopped walking and turned to face her, Corinne stared at Alex evenly and he groaned.

"Corinne, we're in a school," he shouted from across the hall, Corinne rolled her eyes and pushed past the other students to get closer. "I don't care, I love you!" she said, everyone was staring at the two and Alex stared at her embarrassed. He scratched the back of his head and looked away, "Can we talk about this later?" he asked quickly. Corinne shook her head and marched towards him, "I love you Alex Summers!" she shouted, Alex's face went red and he quickly turned away. "Oh god," he muttered awkwardly.

Alex walked towards her and grabbed onto her hands, "We're not kids anymore Corinne, I know you love me but we have to be professional now," he said sternly. Corinne blinked and looked around, she realized everyone was listening in. "I want to talk to you," she whispered, "I'm not going to see Erik if you don't want me to so tell me- honestly, do you want me to go or stay?" she asked quickly. Alex gave her a glare and quickly stared at her in disbelief, "What do you think?" he asked.

"Stay?" Corinne offered weakly before laughing, Alex sighed and nodded slowly. "Why didn't you just say so?" she asked, Alex frowned and shook his head. Corinne sighed and looked around before huffing angrily, "What are you all doing? Get to class!" she shouted loudly. The students quickly scampered away into their classrooms and Corinne looked at Alex carefully, he then sighed, "Corinne, maybe we should take a break," he muttered. "I don't know, it hasn't felt right recently,"

Corinne felt her heart drop, she stared at him in disbelief as tears formed in her eyes, "What do you mean? We're fine Alex," she whispered. Alex frowned and looked away before sighing, Corinne followed his gaze confused. "No we haven't," he muttered, "You need to think Corinne," he said sternly, "You always just leave and you come back and you're like a different person. I don't want that, I've wanted you for once to just decide to stay for me and you can't even do that," Alex stared at her and shook his head, "We're done,"

"What? But-" she felt tears falling from her face, "You can't be serious Alex," she whispered before feeling her hands shake. Corinne watched as Alex stared at her guiltily, he looked away and quickly headed towards his classroom. Corinne wiped the tears off her face and fell on her knees, her eyes widened with shock and she felt her whole body shaking, "He didn't mean it right?" she whispered. Corinne closed her eyes and cried softly before phasing out of the school. They broke up, and it was real.