Chapter 12

Calli

Finn came back with a small duffel bag of clothes, freshly showered and smelling much too amazing for his own good.

"That's a lot of stuff. You moving in?" I question him with a raised brow. He chuckles and smirks at me.

"Don't tempt me." He murmurs. "No, I brought extra clothes so I can have something to change into after I clean your gutters tomorrow." I smile and lean back against my dining room table.

"You don't have to do that, Finn. I lost the bet." He stalks over to me, wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into him.

"I don't think you're getting this, sweetheart. I'm here now. I'm going to take care of you. Whatever you need, anything your precious little heart desires, you tell me and I'll handle it. I get the sense you're not used to that, but you had better quick because I'm not going anywhere."

Stunned by his words, all I can do is look into his beautiful eyes and feel a snap in my soul, the last barrier against him I had crash and burn. I feel him burrow deeper into my heart and I am powerless against it.

"I could get used to it." I say quietly running my hands up his chest to encircle his neck.

"Good." He says as he smiles. He releases me abruptly and I stagger from the loss of contact and the emotions that had been filling me. He smirks as if he knows he discombobulated me, and walks towards the kitchen.

"What should we do for dinner?"

The next morning I wake to a cold, empty bed. I never thought I would miss the furnace that is Finn, but I feel slightly empty as I stare at the place he had been last night. I hear a thunk outside and dress quickly before walking out the front door.

Finn is on a ladder, shirtless with work gloves cleaning my gutters.

Where's a camera when you need one? I may need material for a session with my vibrator later.

"You have a fucking tree growing out of your gutter, babe." Finn calls down to me, pulling me from my lecherous thoughts.

"Yeah, my dad usually handles it for me but I decided I wanted to be a grown up this year and told him I would handle it." He chuckles and shakes his head.

"I don't think grown ups refer to themselves as grown ups. Adult is the appropriate term."

"Well, judging by the state of my gutters, adult isn't the appropriate term apparently."

"Good point." He says teasingly, giving me a warm smile.

A dark blue truck with a ladder sticking out of the bed pulls up in front of my house. The driver cuts the engine and the loud rock music that was seeping through the windows cuts off. Finn descends the ladder and takes his gloves off.

"I didn't want to spend all day up there so I called in reinforcements."

"You've accomplished so much and I haven't even had my coffee yet." I say a little guiltily.

"I thought about waking you, but you looked so peaceful and beautiful I decided to let you sleep." He murmurs in my ear before pecking my cheek with a sweet kiss.

I feel my face flame in a blush and Finn chuckles as a large man walks toward us. He has the same eyes and hair as Finn, but a bushy beard adorns his face. His eyes twinkle bright and I can't help but like him already.

"Calli this is Camden, my little brother. Cam this is Calli. Don't be a dick."

"It's nice to meet you." I say extending my hand. He grips it firmly and I can't help but notice the roughness. He must work with his hands.