Chapter 22

Finn

Home.

That word hit me differently now. With Calli in my arms and on my packlands. I knew where I was headed, but all of a sudden that small apartment in the packhouse didn't feel like home. It hadn't since that first night I stayed with Calli. Now home was wherever she was. Any structure lit with her joy and sounding of her laughter was as home to me as anything ever would be.

God I'm a goner for this girl.

I did a quick turn and headed for another structure that needed her light.

The Beta house.

It was a ten minute walk from where we were and only a few minutes from the Alpha house.

"Where are we going?" She asks with a sweet smile on her face.

"You said you wanted to go home." I say as I approach the darkened house. I forgot how big it was with the steepled roof, large windows and beams of timber on the rock face facade.

"Where are we?" Calli asks quietly, but I have a feeling she already knows.

"This would be our house." I say giving her a reassuring smile. "Our home. I thought you'd might like to see it."

She nods and shimmies out of my arms to climb the steps and looks around.

"Can we add a porch swing?" She asks with a beaming smile and my heart flutters in my chest.

"A swing would be perfect out here, baby." I say and climb the stairs behind her.

I still have a key from when my dad was beta and we lived here, so I unlocked the door and flipped the light switch. It smelled a little musty and I wished I had thought to come by and open some windows, but I can still smell every member of my family.

"I grew up here." I tell Calli as she wanders over to the fireplace and runs a hand over the mahogany mantle. The nails are still embedded from where Ma would hang our stockings at Christmas.

"Really?" She asks, her eyes bright with curiosity. Seeing her standing there makes my throat clog with emotion. I always dreamed of my mate, in this house with our pups.

"Yeah, my dad was beta until I took over when Ian became alpha."

"This house is beautiful. It has so much character, like it's a seperate member of the family."

"It's own soul." I nod.

I take her hand and show her the kitchen, dining room, den and back yard before we amble up the stairs, my arm around her waist.

"This would be our room." I say as I flip the light on. I bought all new furniture for this room, because using my parent's old stuff grossed me out, but also because staying with Calli gave me an idea of what she'd like.

"Oh, Finn. It's beautiful. The wood, the high ceilings the canopy on the bed." She wanders around in awe as I lean against the doorframe and watch her.

"Double sinks and a jacuzzi tub!" She exclaims as a delighted squeal finds my ears and I can't help but chuckle.

"It's all yours, sweetheart."

She walks over to me and grips my fingertips with hers and pulls me towards the bed.

"How many bedrooms does this house have?" She asks as she pulls my shirt over my head.

"Five." I barely choke out as anticipation fills me.

"So, some of the kids would have to double up then." She says before slipping her own shirt over her head.