Chapter 28

Calli

I was sitting in our living room reading a book during a rare moment of free time when my phone started ringing. I frowned at it, trying to remember the last time it rang. It seemed like with mind linking the thing was almost obsolete. I picked it up and looked at the screen. ‘Mom’ flashed across it.

“Oh shit!” I scream and Finn runs into the room.

“What’s wrong?” He asks, concerned.

How the fuck did I forget to tell my parents that not only do I have a new boyfriend, but I moved in with said boyfriend and got a new job?

They are going to be so pissed.

Someone please pray for me.

“Hey Mom!” I yell excitedly into the phone. I can see the color drain from Finn’s face as he sits down across from me.

“Hey, Sweetie just calling to check in. Anything new?” She asks and I can tell by the sounds in the background that she is cooking something. I sigh and prepare myself for this conversation.

“Yeah, actually I’ve been meaning to call you. I have a new boyfriend.” I say and Finn frowns at me.

‘I’m more than a boyfriend, sweetheart.’ He mind links me and I scowl at him.

I do not need to be distracted during this conversation.

“That’s great, sweetie. What’s his name?”

“Finn. He’s wonderful, Mom. He’s really sweet and caring.” I say wistfully and Finn puffs up with pride.

“Well, bring him by. Your dad and I want to meet him.” Finn’s smile droops and he seems a bit anxious.

‘Nervous?’ I mind link him with a smug smile. All he does is nod and swallow hard.

“Sure, Mom. We’ll come see you tomorrow.”

“Oh good. I’ll make your favorite for dinner. And bring Penny. We miss that girl.” I smile thinking about how my parents practically treat Penny like family.

“Penny has a new boyfriend too. Camden is actually Finn’s brother. Can we bring him as well?” I ask.

“Of course! The more the merrier. I’ll have to get a big pot roast.” My mother says happily. There are few things in this world she loves more than feeding people.

“Well, Cam and Finn could probably eat a whole cow.” I say giggling and my mother laughs with me.

“They’re growing boys, sweetie. Don’t worry we’ll have plenty.” We exchange pleasantries and I hang up and look over at Finn who has turned a little green.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him, concerned. I cross the living room to his chair and plop on his lap.

“What if they don’t like me?” He asks me with wide, frightened eyes. I giggle and nuzzle his nose with mine.

“They will love you as much as I do.” I smile at him and lean forward to kiss him. He pulls away from me and gives me a hard look.

“We are not having sex tonight.” My eyebrows raise in surprise while a grunt of disapproval escapes me.

“And why the hell not?” I ask.

“Because I’m not going to meet your parents after spending the night fucking their only daughter.” He says standing and placing me back on the chair while putting some distance between us. I laugh and shake my head at him.

“They’re not werewolves, honey. They won’t be able to smell the sex on us.” He starts to pace the living room, running his fingers through his hair.