Chapter 24

Calli

I woke up naked and sweaty in Finn's arms.

Which I'm convinced is the perfect way to wake up. I roll over a little to face him and nuzzle into his chest which causes him to stir. I feel his arms tighten around me and a firm kiss pressed to my head.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He says in his gravely morning voice that makes me shudder.

"Are you cold?" He asks as he pulls the blanket tighter around us and I chuckle.

"I think it's impossible to be cold with you wrapped around me like a koala." He chuckles and rolls over on top of me, caging me in with his thick muscled arms.

"We should get ready. We have to meet Alpha and Luna for breakfast." Finn says as he stretches out lazily next to me. I grin and wink at him.

"I have something you can eat for breakfast." His face curves into a sly smile.

And hot damn did he feast on me.

Much later than we had originally planned, we walk up the steps of the Alpha house, as Finn explained it's called, to where Layla was already standing by an open door.

"Calli!" She cries excitedly and wraps me in a tight hug while looking at my neck.

"Holy crap your mark is beautiful." She gasps.

"Is it? I didn't have anything to compare it too." I tell her honestly.

I was amazed that it had healed already. It's a cobalt blue picture of evergreen trees with a full moon just behind them. To humans it would just look like a tattoo, but when Finn touches it tingles erupt through my whole body and my heart swells with love.

"I've never seen one with trees before." Layla says showing me her mark. A crescent moon with stars dotted around it.

"Yours is beautiful too, but I think the meaning behind them is more important." She smiles at me and nods.

"I couldn't agree more." Ian comes up from behind her and wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her cheek.

"Come on in guys. I'm sure you're hungry." He says suggestively wagging his eyebrows at Finn who wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me further into the house while chuckling.

"Oh yeah. We worked up quite an appetite this morning." Finn says and I smack him gently on the chest while Ian roars in laughter.

We sit at a table full of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, hashbrowns, juices and coffee.

"Oh my gosh this all looks amazing... um, do I call you Luna now?" I ask Layla with a furrowed brow and both she and Ian chuckle.

"No not when it's just the four of us, but we do use our titles out among the pack. We'll use yours too."

"Mine?" I ask.

"You're Beta Female, babe." Finn says proudly, rubbing my back a little and my face twists.

"What's the matter?" Finn asks.

"That's a terrible title. It's like I'm the girl version of you." Finn shrugs.

"Well you kind of are." He says.

"Well why aren't you Beta Male? Why do you get to be just Beta?" I ask him. He ponders this while he fills his plate.

"I have no idea." He says.

"You can be called something else if you'd like." Layla says while Ian shakes way too much salt onto his food.