Chapter 43

Finn

Ian's lip curls up in a satisfied sneer and he nods once before glancing over at the girls.

"I got it." I say to him and mind link nearly ever guard in the pack to come guard the girls. I also call Cam and Penny to keep them company.

I walk up to Calli and pull her attention away from Layla.

"We'll be back soon." I say to her and her eyes widen in fear.

"Where are you going?" The panic is evident in her voice and I pull her into a firm hug, her body melding perfectly to mine. I make soothing noises and trail my hands up and down her back until I feel her relax in my arms.

"To do what you asked me to, sweetheart. To burn that place to the ground." She nods, but continues to cling to me until Cam and Penny walk in.

She gives me detailed instructions on how to find the place, but doesn't relax her grip on me.

"Do you want me to stay, baby? We can do this another day." I murmur in her ear. She shakes her head and pulls away from me to look at me.

"No. I want that house gone." She says firmly with a fierce look of determination in her eyes. I kiss her goodbye and Ian does the same with Layla before we go outside to address the guards.

"Not a single person goes in or out of this house while we're gone. Do you understand?" Ian says and everyone nods with a chorus of 'yes alpha'.

There are so many of them, they're practically standing shoulder to shoulder around the entire perimeter of the house, but I still feel a sense of unease leaving Calli. Every step away from her feels heavier and heavier.

'This will help her.' Titan tells me.

'I hope so.' I answer him.

Ian and I stop at a gas station and fill as many cans as possible. He grabs some matches with a wicked smirk and I can't help but chuckle.

I can't say I'm not looking forward to setting something on fire.

We follow the route Calli told us and see the cafe she mentioned. My heart rate picks up when we see the tire tracks in the snow nearly hidden by trees. We head up the hill and the cottage comes into view. Ian snarls at the sight and Titan isn't too far off. We get out of the car and walk up to the porch. I see two trails in the snow, the first is just one set of footsteps, the second looks like Calli practically dragged Layla to the car. My chest feels tight and I massage it to dispel some of the pain. I should have been there for her. I should have listened to her.

Ian opens the front door and stomps inside, I follow closely behind. Luckily the freezing cold temperatures have helped with the stench of death, but it is still heavy in the air. I look down at the body, rolling it over with my foot. Blood is everywhere and half of his head is gone.

"She really did shoot off his dick." I say quietly and Ian chuckles. I look up and see blood splattered across the wall and the bed.

I see the ropes attached to the headboard and footboard. My stomach rolls and I run out of the cabin to vomit on the ground. Ian follows shortly after, emptying his stomach on the edge of the porch.

"He tied her up like a fucking animal." He seethes when we are finally done retching.

"Calli made him pay for it." I say patting him on the back. He nods curtly and goes to the car. He starts carrying the containers of gasoline and I help him.

We douse everything in the small house, paying extra attention to the dead piece of shit. Ian spits on him before exiting the cottage and grabbing the matches. I follow him and he hands me a match as well.