Chapter Fourteen

The next day some of the required warriors began turning up. The Warriors from Alpha Tristen's pack turned up first as they were the closest. They turned up at 10 pm, leaving at 7 am, and although they were only 13 hours away, they had stopped a few times. 

Fifteen men and women got out of a minibus fit for ten people and two SUVs filled with supplies. There were a total of 10 men and five women got out of the vehicles looking weary, achy and ready for bed. Alpha Tristen had sent his Beta along with his Warriors. 

"Good Evening, Moon Goddess Selene," Beta Samson said to me as he came forward from one of the SUVs and shook my hand. I was standing outside in my pyjama set and slippers. Alpha Tristen had called me to say that his Beta and team were 10 minutes out when I got ready for bed. My hair was in a long plait, and my make-up was off for the day. 

"How was the journey?" 

"Long, but we are here." 

"Indeed, Alpha Clark has set you up in the Warrior Barretts just to the North." I handed Beta Samson a map that Alpha Clark had given me. I hand-marked the Barretts they would be in and how to get there. I had also put a list of the rooms they would be occupying on the back. "I know there are nine rooms, so some of you will need to double up." 

"That's okay with us; some of these guys are used to that."

"The Warrior Barretts have a kitchen, and breakfast is from 7 until 9 am." 

"Thanks; we are all going to go get some sleep."

"No worries, and thank you all for being here," I said to the people gathering their luggage from the cars. "If any of you wish to talk to me, whether that is about your intended mates or if you have breeders and want them to be your mates, please hang around." 

Most of them went up the trail towards the Barretts, where they would be sleeping, but about five stuck around and waited to speak to me. Four were male, and one was female. 2 of the males had breeders and wanted them to be their mates because they had children with them. This was an easy fix and remedy. The other two wanted to know who their intended mate was. One of them had a mate who had just turned 16, and although being born to a breeder, I had removed the breeder gene in many people already, so she had just had her first shift. I told him that his mate lived in the Tongass Pack in Alaska, which is why he had not found her yet. The final male's mate was a born wolf living in England on an exchange program. I told him that her parents were from the Tonto Pack and he should see them and tell them I had sent him. 

When I turned to look at the female, she looked nervously at me, and I smiled reassuringly at her. She tried to be brave in my presence, and I went over to hold her hand. I took it in mine and pushed my warmth inside her, trying to calm her. She breathed out and clutched my hand. 

"Tell me,"

"I'm gay,"

"That's okay; I made you that way."

"You did?"

"Of course, if everyone were the same, it would be boring, don't you think?" 

"I guess so," She shrugged. "So I didn't choose this?"

"Oh my love, no. I did, and I put it into your genetics. You were made this way from pre-birth. It is a part of your very soul." Then she realised that tears were slowly descending on her face, and I hugged her to me. She buried her face into my shoulder and broke down into heaving sobs. I just cuddled her and stroked her hair. My warmth, magic, and calming aura made its way through her system, calming her down and letting her know I loved her. "Let me guess; your parents did not accept you?"