Inner Emotions

Recap: 

I tensed as their warm breath brushed over my shoulders and they sank their fangs into me. It hurt like a bitch but it only lasted for a few seconds. A warm tingling feeling spread throughout my body causing me to relax. It had a drug-like effect. It's almost like morphine. I could feel myself getting weaker as they continued to drink from me.

~---------~---------~---------~-------~--------~-------~--------~-------~--------~

"That's enough," I said, leaning heavily on Kou. They both stopped, licking and sealing the wounds.

"I'm so sleepy, what the fuck is that shit? It's like the best fucking pain medicine I've ever had."

"It made you sleepy?" Laito chuckled, picking me up and carrying me over towards one of the beds.

"Yeah. Isn't that what it normally does?" I asked as I snuggled into the uncomfortable bed.

"No, our venom usually works more like an aphrodisiac." Kou smirked.

"Unless we want it to be painful, then it works a little differently." Laito added.

"Guys where's my shirt?" I asked sitting up. Somehow my drug fogged brain worked well enough to realize that it would be bad if I got caught half naked at school. Kou picked my bloody shirt off the ground and tossed it towards me. I threw it on and reminded them to unlock the door before Reinhart came back.

"Can I ask why y'all are acting all buddy buddy all of the sudden?" I wondered why they were being nice to each other. Usually they'd be giving each other hateful looks and getting territorial, but they seemed to actually be getting along. Especially with what just happened. I felt my face heating up as I remembered their hands roaming over my body as they drank from me. The vampires looked at each other as if trying to come up with a good answer.

"Let's just say we realized we have a lot in common..." Laito said, smirking.

"and we have to work together for a 'class project' so we decided we might as well get along" Kou lied. Why are they lying about doing a class project together? I want to confront them, but I can't just say 'hey dude I know you're lying.' 'Oh...how do I know? It's because I'm a fucking nephilim and a natural lie detector. I frowned at the two boys before forcing a fake smile on my face.

"I'm glad y'all are getting along now!" I said truthfully. I am glad they are getting along. I just feel a little uneasy because they lied about their reasoning. Don't worry about it right now. Just go to sleep.  I thought, convincing myself to leave it for future (Y/n) to mull over. "Can y'all wake me up when the bell rings? I have detention and I don't want to push my luck by not showing up." I asked the boys as I tossed around, trying to get comfortable on the hospital-like bed.

"Yeah no problem," I heard one of the boys speak up. The vampire venom still circulating through my veins pulled me into a deep slumber before I could tell who it was.

3rd P.O.V.

Kou and Laito watched (Y/n) for a few minutes to make sure she was actually asleep. They listened as her heartbeat slowed to a nice relaxed pace and her breathing evened out. Once they were 100% sure she was asleep they put more distance between themselves. Kou stayed where he was sitting on the bed while Laito moved to lounge in one of the chairs scattered around the room.

"Is 'class project' really the best you could come up with half-... Kou" Laito frowned at the blonde.

"It's not like I could tell her we're working together to figure out what the hell she is and how much of a threat she poses to us." Kou huffed, rolling his eyes.