Rivaled Attention

*Why does it feel like they're waiting for me to choose? I stood in the middle of the gym looking between the two groups. You know what, fuck choosing. I'm just going to sit by myself. I walked over to the edge of the gym and leaned against the wall. I slid down to the floor, put my backpack in my lap, and waited for class to start.* 

It wasn't long before the teacher called everyone to the center of the gym. We all gathered around him as he began opening a large box. He pulled out a grey T-shirt and called out its size. A medium sized boy claimed it. This continued until everyone had their own shirt. We went through the same process for shorts, except the boys and girls had different shorts. The boys had longer basketball type shorts, while the girls were given shorter dolphin styled shorts. (look up dolphin shorts if you don't know what they look like) We were told to go change in the locker rooms and meet back in the middle so we can get started. I grabbed Yui and we started walking towards the girl's locker room. 

"So... you've drawn both of the Sakamaki's and Mukami's attention huh?" Yui asked giving me a weak smile as I let out a small groan.

" Well.. yeah I guess so... but it wasn't by choice!" I threw my hands up in the air in annoyance.    "What was the whole 'pick a side' stand off vibes being thrown my way.?" I half mocked, half grumbled. Yui giggled at my theatrics as we walked through the locker room door. I claimed a locker for myself and threw my bag inside. I tossed my blazer in after my bag and started changing. I slid off my button up shirt and hung it on a hanger that just happened to be hanging in my locker. I guess the school doesn't want our uniforms to get wrinkled. I heard a collective gasp as I turned to place the shirt and hanger back in the locker. 

"(Y/n) it's so pretty! When did you get it?" Yui breathed out as she looked at my back. 

"I got it a few years ago after nonstop begging my dad." I lied. I mean how am I supposed to explain that it's not actually a tattoo.. 

"Did it hurt?" a girl asked. I remember her from my music class with Kou, I think the teacher called her Harumi. Maybe she's not a total bitch

"Yes but I love it, so it was totally worth it!" I gave her a large smile. 

"What are you a masochist? I can't believe you'd do something like that to your body!" another girl sneered.

"Well it's my body so I can do whatever I want with it. If you have a problem with it, you can always look the other way." I said matter of factly. Some of the of the other girls snickered at my comment and the opposing girl sent them a glare. 

"Would it be rude for us to ask for a closer look?" Harumi asked fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

"Not at all!" I sent them my sweetest smile. Normally it would be a little weird for me, but if it meant I would get to shove it to the bitchy girl, I'd totally do it. I turned my back to the group of girls who had gathered around and unlatched my bra. I held the front in place with my arms and let the straps slide down my arms. They had the full view of my 'tattoo'. When I said I loved it I wasn't lying. It's a beautiful reminder of what and who I am. Feathered wings stretched down my back and halfway to my elbow. The unnaturally detailed 'tattoo' is the bound representation of my wings. Yes believe it or not I have wings. As children, nephilim have a magical bind placed on their wings. I mean we just can't walk around with wings sprouting out our backs. The bind breaks on our 21st birthday. Then we have two choices. Get our wings rebound or learn how to pull them out and put them up at will. One is obviously a lot harder than the other, so most go with the rebinding. 

"Girls hurry up!" the teacher's voice sounded through the door. The group of girls rushed to finish getting changed. I fixed my bra, slid on my T-shirt, and hurried to change into my shorts. I looked in one of the full length mirrors placed in the locker room as I put my hair in a pony tail. The shorts made my ass look really good. The T-shirt was a little loose because I had to go a size up, but it still looked pretty good. I noticed Yui walking up behind me in the mirror.