An Idol's Usa-chan

*Definitions/explanations at end for things that might need them*

I caught Kou's blue eyes as he scanned the room. He smiled and made his way towards me. He stopped at the desk in front of me and bent down to talk to the guy sitting there. The guy moved and Kou claimed the seat. "You're the girl I saw in the hall this morning right?" He asked running his fingers through his hair.

"From what I've heard, you're constantly surrounded by girls in the hall. I'm not sure if I'm the 'girl' you're referring to." I yawned acting uninterested.

"Well aren't you feisty Koneko-chan?" He teased looking amused. "I'm sure it was you, I waved and you completely ignored me." He pretended to look hurt. Yeah I know. I was trying not to piss off your groupies.

"Okay, first of all do not call me Koneko-chan. I bet that's what you call every single one of your fangirls. Second, I ignored you because I didn't want to get mauled by all your 'little kitties'." I sassed pursing my lips. I was hoping he would take the hint and understand that I didn't want to put up with his attention and taking on his fan club, but he only seemed more interested. 

"Well what do you want me to call you then?" 

"My name is (Y/n). You could start there." 

"(Y/n). That's really pretty, but I want to give you a pet name." He grinned as he reached out and tucked a loose hair behind my ear. Call me cheesy but damn. I now understand why that's used in movies. What's next? Is somebody gonna kabedon me? A girl can hope right?  I could feel my cheeks getting warm and hoped they were nowhere near as flushed as they felt. "Hmm.. How about Mausu-chan.? No that doesn't fit... Usa-chan? Yeah! I like that one." He thought out loud. "What do you think Usa-chan?" 

"It's not as bad as Koneko-chan so I guess I can live with it." I twitted. I think he's growing on me,  it's hard not to like him. He hummed softly, happy with my approval. "So... what should I call you? I asked.

"I'd love for you to call me yours but Kou works too." He winked as his lips stretched with a flirtatious smile. At this point the whole class had turned to watch us flirt back and forth. The girls were gutting me with their eyes. Thank goodness looks can't kill. 

"Why are girls all over you anyway and why are they looking at me like they're seriously thinking about murdering me?" I leaned in and whispered just loud enough that only the two of us could hear.

"You really don't know who I am Usa-chan? I'm an Idol." He blinked with surprise. He looked back towards the girls. Their glares softened when he sent them a charmer's smile and gave them a little wave. "Just ignore them, I don't think they'll actually hurt you. They might threaten you but I think you can handle it." He whispered once he turned away from them. Geez, thanks that makes me feel a lot better. Not. I nodded and gave a soft hum in response. The bell rang and everyone turned their attention to the front of the room. 

" Seeing as it's the first day of the semester, you'll be tested to see where you're at level wise." the teacher announced. Great a test on the first day. By the the way the other students reacted I could tell their feelings were mirroring my own. " Yes I know. Nobody likes testing on the first day, but it is necessary. We have to know where you are now, so we can track your progress throughout the year." Okay that makes sense. "The person who came in last will go first and the  person who got here first will go last. You will notice that the only instrument in this room is the piano. You were put into this class based on what you put on your elective forms. If you cannot play the piano or are not a vocalist, you are in the wrong classroom." She finished and called up one of the girls who had walked in with Kou. The class watched silently as each girl took their turn.