Chapter 3

Levi must have realised that I was serious, for he checked the bullets inside. He looked at the gun and once he was satisfied, he pointed it at me. So he did want revenge. Why am I disappointed? Why was I expecting anything else? Is this how I die? I'm sorry Erwin. I'm sorry.

I closed my eyes and waited. Nothing happened. I suddenly heard the gun drop to the floor. I opened my eyes and saw Levi sitting on the floor, his head hanging low.

"What happened?", my voice was trembling. He looked up at me and I saw an expression that I had never seen on him before. His eyes were sad but he was smiling a little. "You're an idiot."

"Huh?"

"Y/N, did you really think I was seeking revenge? If I wanted to seek revenge for everything that happened in my life, I wouldn't start with Erwin. I would start with the man who gifted me to my mother and left her to die in that shit-hole."

His eyes were now fixed to the ground. I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. I just looked at him in disbelief. Yet somehow, I knew he was telling the truth.

Levi continued, "All my life I have fought for survival. That is all I have known. So I am not going back to that hell. I will keep surviving. Erwin told me all about his vision and what he's fighting for. I realised he is not selfish like most people. The future that he sees for humanity on this island, I want to see it too. That's why I have decided to follow Erwin. To keep fighting till the end. I won't let my friends' deaths go to waste."

I could feel myself tearing up. I am such an idiot.

"I-I'm so sorry, Levi". I was wrong about him.

"It's okay...it's not your fault.", with that he slowly stood up, grabbing the gun that lay next to him.

He placed it on my desk and gave a soft chuckle, "You were ready to go all out huh? You handed me a fully loaded gun."

"I'm not stupid, I knew you would be clever enough to check if it was.", I said wiping my tears.

He laughed. He actually laughed. I wanted to hear it again.

"I can't believe there's actually someone willing to die for eyebrow- I mean Erwin." he quickly corrected. I couldn't help but smile and nod.

"Boyfriend?"

What? Huh? Did he just ask if Erwin was my boyfriend?

My shocked expression quickly turned into one of amusement and before I knew, I was holding my stomach and laughing. Levi looked confused.

"He's my older brother you idiot!" I finally managed to get out in between my laughter.

"Oh...wait, you're Erwin's sister? So your full name is Y/N Smith?" he asked, slowly taking in the information.

"Yup. That's me.", I finally managed to stop laughing.

"Did not see that coming.", he looked at me and I felt nervous again. Somehow it was different this time. We looked at each other for a few seconds before he finally looked away.

"If that's all, I should get going. It's getting late.", Levi said looking at the clock on my desk.

"Yeah, yeah of course. I'll see you later, then. Sorry, again. Good night.", I said trying not to look at him.

"Night.", he walked past me and opened the door to leave.

"You know...", he turned to face me again, with one hand still on the knob.

"If I had known you were Erwin's sister, I didn't have to plot to kill him. I could have just used you to get back at him.", and with a smirk on his face he closed the door and left.