Chapter 21

The sun was shining bright in my eyes. There was a vast ocean in front of me with water that was crystal blue. It was nothing like I had ever seen. I saw two people standing at the shore. I started to walk towards them. As I neared the two shadows, they turned around, making me stop on my spot.

"Mama? Papa?" I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Y/N!", they called. Even though I hadn't seen them in a long time, their smiles were familiar.

I ran towards them and pulled them into a hug. "You're alive!", I yelled. 

But they swayed their heads. I was confused. "Wait, am I dead?"

They both laughed. Their laughter was like music to my ears. "No sweetheart, you're not dead. You can't die yet. There is so much that you need to do!", Mama said.

"Then what are you doing here?", I asked.

This time Papa spoke, "We came to remind you to never lose sight of who you are and what you want. No matter how lost you feel, remember, you'll always find a way."

"We're both so proud of the brave, intelligent, beautiful young woman you've grown into.", Mama added.

My eyes started to well up. "S-so you're leaving?"

They nodded and slowly caressed my head. "The world needs you sweetheart. But we'll always be watching over you. Take care of your brother."

"B-but I need you both! Don't leave me please, take me with you!", I pleaded.

"You're not alone, Y/N. Look around.", Mama said one last time as they both disappeared into the air.

"Mama! Papa!", I screamed but they were gone. I felt helpless. I had nowhere to go. I turned around and started to run.

I saw a figure in the far distance but I couldn't tell who it was. I picked up my pace.

"Hey!", I called out but the person kept walking. I ran faster. I was about to catch up to them when I saw a familiar symbol on the back of their jacket. Wings of freedom.

"Hey!", I called again. The person stopped and slowly turned around. It was a young man.

As he lowered his hood, I saw his raven-black hair, that was waving with the wind and his bluish-grey eyes that mirrored the ocean. He gave me a small smile and stretched out his hand.

Almost immediately, I reached out and grabbed it and as soon as I did, I remembered who he was.

"Levi!", I yelled as I burst my eyes open. 

"Y/N!", Anna ran to my bed on hearing my scream. "Oh my god, you're awake! Thomas get in here, she's awake!"

I heard footsteps and now Thomas was in front of me. "Y/N! Finally! I'm so glad I might cry."

I gave him a soft smile. The last thing I remembered was being on top of the tree. Or was I on a horse?

"Cry later, idiot! Get Commander Erwin, hurry!", Anna yelled at Thomas and I saw him quickly run to the door.

"How are you feeling?", she asked.

I noticed my right leg was tied with a heavy bandage. Fracture. Just what I had thought. There were also bandages on my head and stomach.

"I've been better." I whispered.

Anna smiled. "Well, you look a lot better now. You really scared us, Y/N. We thought you'd never wake up."