Chapter 12

The day of the expedition arrived and I was getting dressed to head to the infirmary, when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and saw Levi, standing in the hall in his uniform. He was even wearing his ODM gear and the scouts' cape. The entire attire looked as if it was tailor-made for him. This man can never look bad.

"Wow, someone looks really handsome.", I complimented him. I hadn't seen him the previous day as he was busy preparing for the expedition.

"Tch. Wait till I return with titan blood all over me.", he replied entering my room. 

Suddenly I felt a knot in my stomach. "Levi, please be careful. Don't do anything reckless.", I said closing the door and turning towards him. 

The look in my eyes must have made him realise that I was actually scared. He came close to me and pressed his lips against mine. We kissed for several seconds, not wanting to let go, for both of us knew anything could happen out there.

"I'll be careful." he spoke softly.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his hands around my waist as I buried my face in his neck. We stood there in silence till both of us realised it was time. He reluctantly let go.

"I'll see you.", He said and I nodded. I placed a kiss on his cheek and we both left the room. As we reached outside, I saw all the scouts mounted on their horses in position, waiting for the order. Levi gave me one final look and made his way to the stables. I sighed and made my way through the horses to where Erwin was, which was right at the front of the formation.

"Erwin!", I yelled amidst the noise.

"Y/N!", He yelled back and started to get down.

"No no stay! I just wanted to see you off. Be careful, will you? I want my brother back in one piece." I said with concern, looking up at him.

"Of course! You aren't getting rid of me that soon. I am going to play with your children and maybe even your grandchildren!", He replied and started to laugh.

I rolled my eyes but felt a bit more calm. "I'll see you soon.", He looked into my eyes and assured me.

I gave him a nod. "Good luck!"

"And good luck Hanj! Don't do anything stupid!", I told Hange whose horse was right next to Erwin's.

"Aye aye bestie!", they gave me a thumbs up. I made my way back to the building. After a couple of more minutes, Erwin gave his order and they all started moving. I stood there watching them leave, praying for their safe return.

It was almost evening when the scouts finally returned. I was in the infirmary, waiting for what was to come next, preparing myself for the worst. The door to the ward opened and I saw a few injured soldiers being escorted. There were about 15 of them and none of them looked like they were gonna die. Then I saw Hange enter and they was smiling. This was usually not their face after an expedition.

I ran to them and gave them a hug. "Did you finally catch a titan? Why do you look so happy?"

"Didn't you hear? No one died on the expedition! Not one person Y/N! This has never happened before!", she replied and I felt like I was dreaming. No one died. They're all alive. Erwin. Levi.

"H-how did that happen? Were there no titans?", I asked still unable to believe what I had heard.

"Oh there were plenty! But your boyfriend took down almost half of them! He even managed to save some others who had been caught by the titans. So even though we did not capture one, I would say the expedition was a success!", they said beaming.