Relax

ELIJAH'S POV

*1 month and 3 weeks later*

Lilah was healing and slowly getting back to her normal self. She was trying to rush things but I really needed her to take it easy.

The third week after she got shot she was trying to get out of bed and train. But I just simply couldn't allow it.

I did a lot to help her and support her through her recovery.

Just last week she was able to actually get up and start moving around. But she did have to work on her walking. It made her frustrated and I know it did, but it would take time.

She was sleeping in my bed so I could keep an eye on her. If she was sleeping in her own bed she'd probably sneak off to the gym in the middle of the night when i'm asleep..

Right now we were going down the stairs.. Slowly of course since her walking was still a bit.. Iffy.

"Don't walk to fast. We're gonna get down to the first floor either way." I told her.

"I don't care, I can do it by myself." She snapped at me.

She's also become really stubborn. She always claims she can do things herself, but ends up asking for my help again anyway.

One day i'll let her do things by herself. But no day soon is going to be that day.

I removed my hand from her waist and her shoulder.

"Go ahead." I said crossing my arms.

She didn't move, and her grip tightened on the railing. She was holding onto the railing so tight, her knuckles were turning white.

"Right.." I said placing my hand back on her waist and shoulder.

We finished walking down the stairs and I swear everyday is a reminder of how long my fucking staircase is...

As soon as Lilah can walk on her own we're fucking moving. I won't make her move anything but it'll at least give me some free time.

Not that I want to be away from her or anything..

I walked her to the dining room and sat her down. She began talking with everyone else and I sat at the head of the table, which was to the right of her.

"So Elijah... When are we moving?.. I've been on the edge of my seat for the past month because of the fucking American's." Ben asked me.

I saw Lilah tense at the word of Americans. Probably because they shot her.

"I have arranged some visits to see some houses tomorrow."

"How are you doing Lilah?" Vee asked her.

"Uhhh, it's hurts but it's bearable for now with the medications i'm taking," she responded.

The medication's that I force her to take. It's honestly a job trying to make sure Lilah is okay. She refuses to do anything she's supposed to, to heal properly unless I yell at her. Or basically force the pills down her throat.

I don't actually..

We all ate breakfast and then I took  Lilah with me to my office.

I had a few big meetings today, and I didn't really trust Vee to watch her.. I know for sure she'd let Lilah go down to the gym.. But I just can't afford her getting hurt anymore.

Why do I even care about her?

Alright, I got to stop worrying about her. She can handle herself... But not right now.