Mother

LILAH'S POV

I have never been intimidated as much as I am now.

"Where's Elijah?" He asks us both.

This is definitely his father.

God is he gorgeous.

"Right here." Elijah said joining my side, but not before eyeing Adriano.

"I have bad news." His father starts.

"Wow Liam. Only showing up when something bad happens. Maybe I should fake my death and pray you'd come to my funeral." Elijah responds.

He's obviously pissy about something..

"I say you should do it." I told Elijah with a grin.

Liam; AKA the incredibly sexy man standing before me; eyes me and I can tell he doesn't have a clue who the fuck I am.

Why would he?..

"And you are?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Your mo-"

"She's no one. Just say what you have to say." Elijah cuts me off.

Adriano chuckles beside me and I elbow Elijah in the side.

"As I was saying.. I'll skip over the 'your momma' joke.. I'm Lilah." I tell him.

"Have I not met you before?" Liam asks me. I can just feel myself getting more wet with every word he says.

"You've probably heard of me before.. I guess." I clear my throat after that. Unable to look this gorgeous man in the eyes.

"Don't think I have." He replies.

"I used my maiden name. The name you know me by is The Slayer." I tell him.

Gathering up any confidence I had left.

There was a moment of silence before the room filled with laughter.

Not only was Liam laughing, but the men he brought with him were too.

I have 4 ways in my mind of how I could kill Liam's father.. With my bare hands.

"I don't understand why you're laughing. She is who she say's she is." Elijah stands up for me.

"This child is The Slayer?" Liam asked, disbelief obvious in his voice.

"I'm 22." I say for the second time today.. But with more aggression.

"You look 7. I want you to prove to me you are who you say you are." Liam threatens.

I'm just about to take a step forward when Elijah stretches his arm out in front of me. "She's supposed to be on bed rest right now.. I won't allow it. She got shot last night, and I don't need her messing up her stitches.." Elijah told him.

"I never said she had to fight. Everyone says The Slayer has a visible tattoo just below his ear." Liam speaks.

"Why the fuck does everyone think I'm a guy.. I have a vagina, would you like me to prove that to you?" I asked him.

"She's not actually going too. And she doesn't have a tattoo below her ear." Elijah tells Liam.

"I don't know where you heard that from. Anyone who would tell you that bullshit is dead." I told Liam.

"I'm sorry boss.. If I may." One of Liam's men asked for permission to speak.

Liam nods.

"She's barely breaking five feet. How could someone as tiny as you be The Slayer?" He asked me.