His

LILAH'S POV

I receive a punch to face after they disconnect the call.

And another.

And another.

They just keep coming.

But i'm not phased by it.

I can at least be at peace knowing I got that shit off my chest.

Being away from Elijah has made me realize the feelings I have for him are strong and I do like him and want to be with him..

"Lilah, do you know how many men in my mafia you have assassinated?" Dimitri asked me.

"No.. They were Maxim's men. Not yours." I replied.

"Maxim is no longer in control. I am.   So my men." he tells me.

I roll my eyes.

"Anyways, karma's a bitch right? That's what you American's say correct?" he asked me.

"What are you getting at?" I ask back.

"You've devastated many families.. And unlike the Chinese, we won't torture you with water. We'll do it with knives. Specifically, your knives. And to spice it up a bit." he stands. "You'll receive a cut for every person you killed that belongs to the Russian mafia." he explains.

"Weird that you keep count.. But how many is that?" I ask curiously.

"204.".

Oh shit.

ELIJAH'S POV

"Adriano.. Mind telling me why Lilah said that? Actually no need. Unless there was bad blood between the both of you, i'm assuming Dimitri told her that." I say to Adriano.

"You have to understand, I didn't have a choice." he starts off.

"You always have a choice. And your's was a bad one." I reply.

"He would've killed my family if I didn't work for him. My mother.. He would've. He would've killed her and I just. I wasn't thinking." he explains.

"You could've came to us for help. But instead you chose to work for the enemy." Ben tells him.

"I know, I know.. I just.."

"Just what Adriano?" I ask him, my tone expressionless.

"I fucked up." he answered.

"Yes. Indeed you did."

Bang.

"Someone clean this up for me please while I go change." I say tiredly, leaving the room.

"Elijah." Vee says catching up to me.

"Yes?" I reply as we start to walk up the stairs.

"Lilah just said she wants to be with you. How are you not phased? Not to mention she's pregnant, with your child."

"Mhm." I hummed in response.

I feel numb.

"Elijah, you're acting like a jackass again." Vee tells me.

"The babies not gonna make it Vee. So let's just focus on getting her out of there, then we'll deal with our personal shit." I tell her as we reach my room.

"Don't say that."

"It's true and you know it. The amount of stress her body is going through right now, and constantly being hurt that baby is as good as dead." I say as I change my shirt.

"Elijah-"

"Veronica. Please. If you want to do something about it, stop harassing me and go DO something about it." I say as I finish changing.

She sighs before leaving the room.

We're going to find Lilah. We have to find her.

When she dies it'll be because I stressed her out, or because I annoyed her to death.

She's only mine, and i'm only her's.

That's how it's gonna work until the day we both die.

LILAH'S POV

Woah, my bodies on fire.

How does that song go?

"This girl is on fireee." I sing lowly.

"Is she.. Obviously you didn't cut her enough." One of Dimitri's men tells the other.

"She's a psycho. What do you expect? This is isn't out of the ordinary, she's an assassin." He tells the other.

"Right. It's not like she hasn't been through this before." he rolls his eyes.

"I haven't.." I tell them and they look at me. "Smart cutting me only on my arm. I won't bleed out too fast." I close my eyes.

"Stay awake. You don't get to sleep." he tells me and I rock my head back opening my eyes.

"Elijah's gonna beat your ass when he get's here." I tell them.

And they both laugh.

"That's funny. She thinks her prince charming is going to come and save her." One of them mock as they head towards the door.

They leave and it's just me alone.

I'll try to stay awake, because who knows what they'll do to me in my sleep.

I just want to go home.

I want to hear Greyson's dumb jokes, and Veronica telling him how stupid he is.

I want to see Claudia and Ben flirt with each other on the low, but we all know they're fucking once a day.

I wanna see Mia and her dorky glasses again.

..I want to feel Elijah's skin against mine as we cuddle like there's no tomorrow.. Hear him say good morning in that sexy deep voice of his.. I want to officially be his..

Regardless of if we're together or not, he's only mine. And i'm his. Only his.

But the next time I think i'll hear his voice.. Is when we're burning in hell.