Sister

ELIJAH'S POV

I'm currently sitting outside the operating room in the house.

Everyone else stands on the opposite side of the hallway.

Fuck.

Why would she take the bullet for me? How did she even know when the bullet was coming?

Those were the main questions in my head at the moment. I needed to know that she is ok. I need to know that Lilah can be okay. I need to know she can still make a bunch of unnecessary jokes and make fun of me.

I don't even know if she's alive right now.

And that fact is scaring the hell out of me.

Why am I being like this?

I don't ever care for anyone like this. What has this girl done to my brain. I haven't fucked any girl in weeks because she's the only thing on my mind half the time.

I miss her.

Her idiotic jokes. Terrible pick up lines and all.

"Hey, she'll be ok." Veronica said as she sat down next to me.

"She has to be." I added.

We both knew I was right. She has a permanent place in this mafia forever and I can't change it. If she wasn't here then I have no clue what would happen.

What if she dies?

That was the question we're all anticipating to know. To also think that her back was bad compared to this. Hell no.

This is was more terrifying.

I think it's because she actually has a good chance of dying right now.

I can also tell that everyone is taking this just as hard as I am. Veronica might be taking it harder.

I've never seen anyone click with her more than Lilah does. They are 2 peas in a pod.

My train of thinking get's cut short when doctor Quille came out.

"Alright, well she had some complications with the surgery and extracting the bullet. She was by far the luckiest girl in the world. On the small chance It didn't hit her heart directly... Good news or bad news first?" he asked.

"Bad news." we all said in unison.

"She had died for exactly 54 seconds before we got her heart pumping again." When she said that news it felt like relief and sadness filled in my heart all at the same time.

She died.

"Once we got her going again we proceeded with the extraction. Her blood pressure was either through the roof or going extremely slow. We couldn't get her stable for awhile. That's what took so long in there." We nodded our heads again.

"But, after all that, she is now finally stable and in the room sleeping. She is expected to wake up within 10-15 minutes and we advise only 2 people in there with her at a time to not overwhelm her."

"Ok... Thank you." I said.

"Who should go in first?" I asked.

All heads turned to Veronica and I.

"Why me?" I ask curiously. Why didn't they choose Claudia?

"Oh come on, you have the hots for her. Admit it, you've slept with literally zero people lately and she spends the night in your room. Just face it Eli, you're starting to like her and you can't stop it." Greyson. said.