Resist

LILAH'S POV

*1 week later*

I've gotten pretty comfortable in the house..

I know my way around now, but I mostly stay in my room that I share with Elijah.

Elijah's always working and I offer to help sometimes. But he just sends me off on my merry way after denying my help.

Veronica's completely breaking down because she's scared to tell Greyson about the pregnancy. Which I don't understand.. He's going to find out sooner or later.

It's 11pm and Elijah hasn't made it back to the room yet. Probably in his office working. He doesn't tell me what he's working on.

He's gotten a lot more secretive and I'm starting to question a lot of things..

Once the clocks strikes 12 I know for a fact he's not coming to bed tonight. So I just head to sleep without him.

When I wake up in the morning I have such a terrible headache and my body is aching.

I look over at the clock and see it's only 9am. Elijah should be up.

I grab the phone off of the night stand and call him.

He answers on the 4th ring.

"What?"

"Some one sounds moody." I joke holding back a cough.

"Lilah what do you want? I'm in a meeting." he tells me.

"This early in the morning?"

"Yes give me one second." he says obviously not speaking to me.

"What's the meeting about? And i'm calling because I-"

"I don't have time to talk right now, Lilah. I'll see you at home." he cuts me off before hanging up.

I was calling because I don't feel good.

What the actual fuck.

Elijah actually just hung up on me.

Not to mention he completely IGNORED my fucking question.

"Lilah! Breakfasts ready." Veronica says from the other side of my door.

"I'm not hungry." I reply.

"Are you sure? It's french toast." she tells me.

That's tempting.

"No.. Have you seen Elijah?" I asked curiously.

She opened the door.

"He's not home Lilah. Him and some men left to go to America." she told me.

My eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh fuck. He told me not to tell you.. Promise you won't say anything???" Veronica asks me.

"Yeah. Sure." I reply.

*5 day's later*

I'm sitting in the living room having a staring contest with Mia. I've gone undefeated for 3 rounds.

We hear the front door open and she blinks.

"Lilah 4, Mia 0." Claudia laughs.

"Whatever, I was distracted." she rolls her eyes smiling.

"It's not just us in here. A few of Elijah's me sit off in some of the seats watching the tv. The living room is huge so personal space isn't an issue.