Chapter One

"Aabirah, come out, will you?" Safna shouts out to her youngest daughter, as she stands outside a one-storey house near her car

Aabirah replies. "I am coming," as she drags her blue luggage. "Oh, Ummi...," Aabirah walks out of the house wearing a black hijab and an Abaya.

"Get inside the car... You won't change your habit.". Safna sits inside the car.

Aabirah puts her luggage in the car boot. Aabirah sits on the other side. "Let's go, Ummi," Aabirah says, as she takes her phone out of her bag.

"Remember, you're only going to the house to help your sister. You should take care of Hala,".

"Ummi, I know everything... Yesterday, you scolded me. I promise that you won't hear any complaints about me.
I will help her with everything while she goes to work. I am happy that she finally got her dream job as a gynaecologist.".

Safna smile. "I am happy for her as well.
It's something to be proud of.".

***

Aabirah's sister, Safwa Fuad, is living with her husband in an estate. The estate comprises two houses. They are living upstairs.

Jalil walks out of the passageway that leads to the rooms. He walks to the table. Safwa looks at the breakfast on the table. Everything is there, nothing is missing.
Jalil kisses her on the lips as he wraps his hand around her waist. "Good morning, my love,".

"Good morning. Let's have breakfast, my love.".

Jalil nods, letting her go. He sits on the chair, and opens his plate to see fries, and chicken with ketchup. "my favourite,".

Safwa beams a smile. Jalil smile and pecks her on the lips. Let's eat... Bismillah,".

In the middle of breakfast. "My love, Aabirah, is coming today," she says.

"I have not forgotten about it. When is she arriving?".

"She's on her way.".

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴛ ‎ﷺ sᴀɪᴅ, "ɪғ ᴀʟʟāʜ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, ʜᴇ sᴇɴᴅs ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀ ɢɪғᴛ." ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀsᴋᴇᴅ "ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ɢɪғᴛ, ᴏʜ ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴛ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟāʜ?" ʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, "ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜᴇsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ᴏᴡɴ ᴘʀᴏᴠɪsɪᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sɪɴs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ."

sᴏ ᴍʏ ʙᴇʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜᴇsᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴀᴅɪsᴇ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴛ ‎ﷺ sᴀɪᴅ, "ᴡʜᴏᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇs ɪɴ ᴀʟʟāʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴏᴜs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ɢᴜᴇsᴛ."

***

The gateman opens the gate. In front of the estate, Safna park her car. "Aabirah...,".

"Here you go again, Ummi... Why don't you trust your daughter? You won't hear any complaints about me. I am going to behave well. I promise,".

Safna smile. "I know,".

"I will leave now. Wouldn't you see Hala and Safwa?".

"No, go ahead and take care,".

Aabirah went to the boot after walking out of the car. She takes her luggage out, closing the boot. She stands aside and waves at Safna with a small amount of tears in her eyes.

Safna waves back. She drives away.

Aabirah smiles as she drags her luggage.
"Ya Allah... I have to walk upstairs,"

She walks upstairs carrying her luggage; She knocks at the door.

Aabirah smile as the door open, and she sees Safwa standing in front of her. Aabirah hugs her happily as she let go of her luggage. "I am very happy to see you.

"I'm happy to see you as well. Jalil has been waiting for your arrival as well.". Safwa beams with a smile.

"Rafiqa... Rafiqa...," Safwa calls out. A young lady walks to them. "Can you take her luggage to the guest room?".

"Sure mam, Hala is awake," Rafiqa says.

"Where is my darling niece? I would love to see her.".

A fours year old runs towards them. Aabirah carries her in her arms.

"Let me call him for you," Safwa says, walking away.

"Hala, we are going to have a lot of fun," Aabirah says.

"Aabi...," Hala smiles.

"You're going to call Aunt now." Aabi sits in the living room. "Sister-in-law," Jalil walks to her, and sits on the sofa opposite her.

"Brother-in-law... How are you?" Aabirah greets.

"I am great... I can see that you are still the same bubbly person you used to be." Jalil says with a smile,

Aabirah laugh. "Brother-in-law. You must be pulling my leg!".

"No, It's good to see you this way.".

Sitting next to Jalil, Safwa says that he is right.

"She loves telling people how good her sister is. Did you just finish high school?" Jalil asks.

"I have... Insha Allah, "I will be in a university next year.".

"I'm happy for you. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I will be leaving for work. Today is your sister's freedom. Talk to the point of tedium.".

Aabirah laugh.

Jalil stands up. Safwa stands up too.

"Where are you going?" Jalil asks.

"I'm going to escort you...,".

"Stay here, your sister is here.".

"Okay...," Safwa says smiling.

"I will be back soon. Don't miss me," Jalil says.

"That's not possible," Safwa says, smiling, sitting down.

Jalil walks to the door. He walks out after opening it.

"Awwnnn... Love is in the air," Aabirah says.

Safwa rolls her eyes and smiles.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.