chapter eleven

Aabirah is sitting in her bedroom with Aqila and Hala

Aabirah is sitting in her bedroom with Aqila and Hala. "How many months do we have in Islam?"

"We have 11," Aqila replies with a smile.

"No, It's 12 months," Hala corrects her.

Aabirah says with a smile. "Masha Allah, we have 12 months in Islam, Aqila,".

Aqila nods. "Great Job, Hala,"

"Thank you, Aqila,"

"Can we say them right now?" Aabirah ask.

"Muharram, Safar, Rabi' al-awwal, Rabi' al-thani, Jumada al-awwal, Jumada al-thani, Rajab, Sha'ban, Ramadan, Shawwal, Dhu al-Qi'dah, Dhu al-Hijjah," Hala and Aqila sing along.

"Masha Allah. Do we know what the Arabic letters are?".

"Yes," Aqila replies.

Dalaj walks inside the room, his face cloud with worry, he smiles as hears his daughter's voice.

"Abi..." Aqila stands up and hugs him as he sits on the bed.

"How are you two?" Dalaj asks her and Hala.

"Alhamdulilah," Aqila replies.

"Alhamdulilah," Hala replies.

Dalaj says. "Aqila, take Hala to your room,"

They run out of the room.

Aabirah moves closer to Dalaj. "What's wrong? Is it Yasira?".

Dalaj sigh.

"Have patience, with time, everything will be fine," Aabirah smile. "I've made something special for you,".

Aabirah stands up.

Dalaj smiles, standing up. "What is it?".

"You will love it,".

Dalaj gives Aabriah a peck on the cheek and neck as he hugs her from behind.

Aabriah giggles. "You will love it when you see it.".

Dalaj follows Aabirah to the door, not letting her go. Yasira walks out of the room, seeing them, she frowns.

"Good evening," Aabirah says to Yasira.

"I will be going home today, and I will come back tomorrow," says Yasira as she walks away.

Aabirah looks at Dalaj who is looking at Yasira walking to the door. "Is okay, she will come back tomorrow," Aabirah says.

Dalaj nods. "Where is my special thing?" Dalaj tickles her.

Aabriah laugh. "It's mouth-watering, follow me.".

***

ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ

Aabirah is sitting on the garden swing in the garden, Dalaj is lying, his head on her lap.

"Dalaj... tell me about your life,".

"I would love to know about yours.".

Aabriah replies. "My life was very simple... In our house is Baba, Ummi, Fayyad, Safwa and me, and Shillan,"

"Who is Shillan? I've never heard of Shillan.".

Aabirah chuckle. "It's our cat,"

Dalaj chuckle. "I will love to meet Shillan,".

"You will meet her soon, but I don't know if Yasira will accept her, I would have brought her here.".

"Yasira,".

"What happened to her?" Aabirah asks.

"I don't know how to make her change her ways,".

"Our prophet (S.A.W) says Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then let him change it with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart - and that is the weakest of faith. Let's pray that she changes her ways and follows the right path,".

Dalaj holds her hand to his lips and kisses him. "Amin,".

Aabirah smiles.