chapter twelve

Aabirah is standing in front of Dalaj, buttoning his shirt

Aabirah is standing in front of Dalaj, buttoning his shirt. "I'm going to start teaching at the Islamic school I told you about,".

Dalaj pecks her lips. "May Allah reward you, I know you love teaching and guiding people to the right path, and I'm happy that you'll be spending your time in the right way.".

Aabirah licks her lips. "You know the good thing about this, I’ll be so distracted that I won’t miss you,".

"No, except that, I want you to miss every second,".

"I'll think about it," Aabirah says, with a smile.

Dalaj smile, pecking her forehead. Aabirah closes her eyes and smile.

They heard Yasira bang on her door.

Dalaj says, letting go of Aabirah. "I'm coming,".

He walks out of the room, and opens Yasira's bedroom door, walking inside the room. Yasira is trying to unzip her dress. Yasira turns back and sees him. "Why don’t you help me?". She faces the front wall again.

"Yasira… we need to talk,".

"What?". She turns back to give him her attention.

"Can you quit your smoking? I want you to quit smoking,".

Yasira looks at him in surprise with a smile. She laughs."So, you know? I still smoke. What can you do about it?".

"You are putting yourself in danger with your own hands.".

"Can I ask you?" Yasira asks.

"Go ahead,".

“Do you still adore me? Are you still in love with me?  Do you love me like the first time we met, the first time you saw me at the back of the class smoking? You helped me quit smoking, You are a very special person to me, Dalaj. I quit smoking for you, I did everything I could for you even though… If you know one day you're going to stop loving me, why did you marry me?"

"I never stop loving you, I still love you. You shouldn't have quit smoking because of me. Don’t change yourself for me, change yourself for Allah who created you that’s when you will sincerely stop your bad habits, he's the one who loves you more than anyone, more than me, and your family,".

"Divorce her then, I want her to leave our lives. I'm going to be the best wife, I will stop smoking and be a practising Muslimah, and be the best wife and mother,".

"I'm not doing such?".

"Why? Why? Why her? Why not someone else, someone less than me, someone worse. Is it because she comes from a decent family? And my sister is a spinster who goes from one man to another, and my father is a gambler, or because my mother died the day I was born… because I am unlucky,"

"You know that I've never criticized you or your family. All I want is for you to change and become a better person,". Dalaj walks out of the room to the living room.

Aabirah is standing near the door, Dalaj is about to leave, and Aabirah holds his hand.

Dalaj looks at her, and Aabirah smile at him handing him his car keys.

Dalaj notices a heart keyholder, he smiles and pecks her forehead, walking out.

***

Aabirah walks to Yasira’s room with a plate of food. Yasira is on her bed, facing the wall, tears are flowing from her eyes.

Aabirah knocks on the door. "Assalamu Alaikum,".

Yasira looks at her and turns her face to the wall again.

Aabirah walks in, drops the food on the table with the thought that Yasira would eat it after she leaves.

Aabirah turns around after keeping the food. With her hand, Yasira throws the food to the floor, breaking the plate.

Aabirah turns back, shock. "Yasira, you shouldn’t have dropped the food on the floor because it is haram as it is not acceptable to waste food as Allah forbids it,".

"Can you leave my room?".

"I need to pick...,".

"I want you to get out of my room! Get out of my room!".

Aabirah walks out.

Surah Al-A’raf  Ayah 31

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ خُذُوا زِينَتَكُمْ عِنْدَ كُلِّ مَسْجِدٍ وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا وَلَا تُسْرِفُوا ۚ إِنَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ

ʏᴀ ʙᴀɴᴇᴇ ᴀᴅᴀᴍᴀ ᴋʜᴜᴛʜᴏᴏ ᴢᴇᴇɴᴀᴛᴀᴋᴜᴍ ᴀᴀɪɴᴅᴀ ᴋᴜʟʟɪ ᴍᴀsᴊɪᴅɪɴ ᴡᴀᴋᴜʟᴏᴏ ᴡᴀɪsʜʀᴀʙᴏᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴀ ᴛᴜsʀɪғᴏᴏ ɪɴɴᴀʜᴜ ʟᴀ ʏᴜʜɪʙʙᴜ ᴀʟᴍᴜsʀɪғᴇᴇɴᴀ

𝑶 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝑨𝒅𝒂𝒎! 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓: 𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌: 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒕𝒉 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔.