chapter six

Aabirah is sitting in her room, hugging her knee and her back on the bed

Aabirah is sitting in her room, hugging her knee and her back on the bed.  A knock comes from the door, and Safwa walks in. "Assalamu Alaikum,".

Aabriah is still in a state of thought. Safwa snaps her fingers as she sits on the bed. "Why are you hugging your knees? What are you thinking about?".

Aabirah's tears flow from her eyes as she breathes out.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" asks Safwa with a worried voice.

"Yasira's condition. It still traumatizes her that Taj is dead. She does not have the courage to accept it,".

"Is that what's wrong with her? I thought she was crazy.".

"Stop saying that! You are a doctor. You should know what's wrong with her."

"I'm sorry,"

"She is kind and doesn't have any friends, so I'm going to help her. I will be there for her,".

"Is she going to accept your help?"  Safwa asks.

“I don't know, but she talks to me today. Can you believe it? She called me pretty. She says I'm pretty Safwa. She thinks I'm pretty.”

"I am glad then. May Allah reward you,".

"Amin,"

"You know what? People will say that between us. I'm the youngest one, your heart is so big," Safwa says.

Aabirah chuckle, wiping the tears from her eyes, and hugs Safwa. "I love you, Sis,"

"I love you too,".

***

Aabirah walks inside Yasira's room, Yasira sits on the bed talking to thin air. "Taj, your father will buy you a lot of toys, so be good in school.".

"Of course. Don't you trust your Maama?"  Yasira smile, and hug nothing but air.

"Yasira...," Aabirah walks towards Yasira.

Yasira looks up noticing Aabirah in the room. A smile appears on her face.  "You are back. Your pretty aunt is back. She was looking for you in the morning,".

Aabriah sits on the bed.

As Yasira waves at the door, Yasira says with a smile.  "Go, sweetheart... go to school,".

"Where is Aqila?" Aabirah asks, trying to get a conversation with Yasira.

"Did you see my Taj? A good boy. Something came up, she went to the flower shop with her father.  They will be back soon," Yasira replies.

"Do you want to eat something? I will make it. Have you eaten lunch?" Aabirah asks.

"Dalaj will be bringing it soon. What do you think about him?" Yasira asks.

"Who?" Aabirah asks.

"Dalaj? My handsome husband?" Yasira ask.

Aabirah can't help but think of the moments she spent with Dalaj. "I can only say that he is a wonderful man and that he loves you so much.".

Yasira nods. "You guess it right. We will eat and pray when he comes back, then we will spend time with him, Aqila and Taj.".

"I will leave and go to perform my prayer once he arrives,".

"Will you come back?" Yasira asks.

Aabirah smile. "What do you say when I come and spend time with you tomorrow?"

Yasira smile. "I will love that,".

Aqila runs inside the room. "Maama, Maama,"

"My love," Yasira says, hugging her.

Dalaj sees Aabirah as he walks in with a leather bag. "You are here?"

"I knocked and nobody opened the door, so I turned the knob...,".

"No need to explain. I'm glad you’re here. She needs someone like you to be a friend.”

Aabirah smiles. "Thank you, I'll leave.  Can I come back tomorrow?"

"Of course, I'll give you a spare key. In case I am not around," Dalaj says.

"Thank you for trusting me, Dalaj."

He has a small smile on his lips. "No. Thank you,".

 Thank you,"