Chapter 36

Yasira is pacing around the house, Aqila walks to her, with her uniform and her school backpack. "Maama, I am hungry… I haven't eaten anything," 

"Have you taken a bath?" Yasira ask. 

"Yes… I even dress up myself, Ummi will be very proud of me, because she uses to bathe me and dress me up every day. The teachers are always proud of the way I dress. The Qur'an also instructs both Muslim men and women to dress in a modest way, Ummi told me. I hope she gets well soon," 

"What do you mean? Is she ill?"

"Yes, I talk to her yesterday and she is at the clinic where my Aunty Safwa works," Aqila replies.

"Is she?"  Yasira smile, lowering down. "Now go up and tell Rafiqa to give you food, then go to school with Hala… I will go see your Ummi then come back and tell you how she is, okay?" 

Aqila nods, giving Yasira a peck on the cheek.

Yasira smile, standing up. "Because of you Aabirah, my husband didn't sleep at his home yesterday, he has to come back today. what will I do to take him away from you?"

She walks to her room and take her phone on the bedside, and dial a number. 

Yasira put the to her ear. "Sibaal… the perfume you gave me is fake, he even spent the night at the hospital with her," 

Sibaal replies. "What do you want me to do about it, that's the perfume I used to trap my men, I will see Sharfina and call you back, but you know they must be money, my love," 

"Money is not a problem if she will leave his life, just go to your witch,"

"I will call you tonight, darling," Sibaal says, cutting the call.

"I am sorry… I am sorry, Aabi, is not my fault, but yours,".

***

"I love Aabi… I'm not going to divorce her," Dalaj says, sitting on a bench in the hospital. 

"That's the right thing to do… if you divorce Aabi, you will be losing someone important in your life," Jalil replies.

"I love both Aabi and Yasira, I have been with Yasira for ten years now…," 

"What you did was wrong brother, but you can fix it," Ayaat says, walking to them. 

"What should I do to remove the thought of divorce in Aabi's mind, she is stubborn," 

"Do just that… be stubborn too," 

***

Aabi is lying on the hospital bed, reading the Holy Qur'an on her phone. The door opens, Aabi looks up and see Yasira walking in.

"Assalamu Alaykum… Aabi," 

Aabi sits up. "What are you doing here?" 

"I am here to tell you something very important, I think you should know, and now that you are in the hospital, it can make you think," Yasira says, standing in front of Aabirah.

"I don't want to hear what you want to say and I won't believe it either, so leave," Aabirah says.

"I am infertile  My condition is secondary infertility, the inability to 
conceive after previously giving birth. I have two children, Taj and Aqila, you know that Taj is no more. The doctors said that I can never have children again, and Dalaj, he is someone who loves children a lot, he is perfectly alright and I am not, of course, he won't look for an elderly woman, but a young fresh one just like you, who can bear his children…," 

"Get out!" Aabirah shout.

Aabriah press the emergency bell.

"He loves me so much that he married me, even his father was against us getting married, because of my family,  but guess what?  He went against his family for me, Dalaj loves me a lot and will do anything for me, that's why he forgave me just like that…," Yasira laughed. "and now that you are carrying his child, guess what will happen to the child especially if it is a male child, he will never be intimate with you, you have already done your job…".

Yasira laugh. 

"Get out!" Aabriah shout.

Safwa runs inside the room with a nurse behind her and Jalil, Ayaat and Dalaj.

"Get her out, Yasira!" Aabirah says, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Dalaj, take your maniac wife out!" Safwa ordered. 

"Yasira, what are you doing here? Let's go," Dalaj hold her hand, pulling her out.

They walk out of the room. He releases her hand. "What are you doing here?" 

"I only come here to pay a visit to your darling wife, she's my sister, right?".

"Go home," 

"I am only going home because you are coming home to me tonight… I will be waiting for you," Yasira says walking away.