Chapter 34

Ayaat and Jalil walk inside the house as Dalaj opens the door for them.

"Dalaj told me that you two are coming, so I made dinner," Yasira says, smiling.

Ayaat looks at the dining table with food.

"Where is my sister-in-law?" Ayaat ask.

"I am your sister-in-law," Yasira says

"I am talking about Aabi… I guess she must be in her room," Ayaaat says, walking away to Aabirah's room.

She knocks on the door. 

"Come in," Aabirah says.

Ayaat comes in and sees Aabirah on the praying mat, with the Qur'an in front of her. "Assalamu Alaykum," 

"Wa'alaykum Salaam… Ayaat?" 

"How are you?" Ayaat ask. 

"Alhamdulilah… You?" Aabriah ask.

"Let's go to the living room," Ayaat says

Tears flow down Aabirah's eyes, she wipes them. "No, you go... I am reading...,"

Ayaat sits on the bed facing her. "Cmon Aabirah, I know why you don't want to go. But trust me please... let's go,"

Aabriah look at her, a smile slowly appears on her lips.

Ayaat enters the living room, followed by Aabirah.

Everyone is standing. 

Yasira moves closer to Dalaj, looking at Aabirah, who's looking down.

"What's going on?" Dalaj ask.

"Look at her brother… do you think she took the money I gave to you, just look at Aabi, do you believe she can steal something, do you think you are punishing  her for committing such an odious crime, why don't you ask your other wife," 

"What are you talking about, what money?" Yasira ask.

"Don't play innocent Yasira and have the dignity to confess the truth," Ayaat says.

Dalaj says. "What are you doing Ayaat? You can't talk to her like that? You know I want you to leave," 

"I will only leave If she swears that she didn't steal the money, I will believe and give her the respect you think she deserves, why don't you ask her to look into your eyes and swear," 

"Yes, Dalaj… you know Ayaat won't give up, just ask Yasira to do it," Jalil says.

Dalaj holds Yasira's hand. "Listen my love  just do as she says, I know you didn't t do it,"

Tears flow down Yasira's eyes, as she removes her hand from Dalaj. "I am sorry, I stole the money…," 

Dalaj looks at her unbelievable. "Why? Why will you do such a thing? I even told you what happened to the money," 

Everyone sigh. 

"I was threatened by Sibaal, she said she will destroy my marriage if I don't give her the money… forgive me," Yasira says tears flowing down her eyes, trying to catch her breath.

Dalaj hugs her. "Is okay, I forgive you," 

Ayaat looks shocked. "You just said you forgave her, Dalaj? After making Aabi…," 

Jalil hold Ayaat hands. "let's go, you have already done what you have to do have you," 

"But this is not fair to Aabi," Ayaat says, tears flowing down her cheeks.

Aabirah sigh.  "Is okay… At least my husband knows that I am not a thief, thank you Ayaat, Thank you," Aabirah says and walk away.

Aabirah opens the door and sits on the bed crying. She wipes her tears. Is okay, I forgive you.

Dalaj walks inside the room, he squats in front of her. Aabirah stands up and walks to the other side of the bed.  

"I am sorry," He says.

"Please Dalaj... What do you want? Do you need anything? After all, I am just your wife, and you my husband. You can have the other side of the bed, I will lie here,"

"Aabi… I'm not only your husband, but I’m also a friend," 

Aabirah sniffles, and chuckles. "A friend? A friend will never do what you did to me, a friend will never distrust me, or accuse me of being a thief, what will I do with the money, Dalaj? I used what you gave me, do you think I will give the money to my family, even if my family are not well off and I give them the money, they won't use haram money, stolen money. I didn't steal the money, but you hate me thinking I stole the money, the person who I thought loves me became a stranger to me, to you Yasira is perfect, and when you know she stole the money you forgave her right away like nothing ever happened," 

Aabirah wipes her tears flowing heavily. "She burned my face, she hits with your car which I almost died, she accuse me of stealing money, but you never told her to ask me for forgiveness, but when I slapped her because she poisoned you, the person that I love, I was afraid what if he had died, you ask me to ask her for forgiveness which I did, she even humiliated me. Dalaj, why did you marry if you know you love your wife so much?" 

"Dalaj… I want a divorce," 

Dalaj looks at her in shock, staring at her. 

"After seven months, I want you to divorce me because I am two months pregnant, but after I give birth, I want a divorce," 

"You are pregnant?" Dalaj ask. 

"Get out," she says. 

"Aabi…," 

"I know you are supposed to stay with me tonight, but I don't want it, I have given all nights to Yasira, the love of your life. I just don't want you near me, you don't know how much you have hurt me," 

Dalaj is about to say something.

She lowers her voice. "Dalaj, please get out," 

Dalaj stands up and walks to the door, he looks at her before walking out.

See you soon. I never thought I will be able to do four chapters a day.