Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Jax and I were able to get out of the castle and to our bags before the Protectors could catch up to us. We chose to remain on foot and work our way out of the city through side alleys and back roads. I knew the procedure of the Protectors and knew where they would go first; they would head to main exits of the city and ports, thinking our main goal was to get out as quickly as possible. Unlike most wanted criminals Jax and I were trained soldiers, we knew how to be patient.

We stuck to the northern part of the city, furthest away from the exits, and made our way out through some gaps in the wall I had heard about. The holes needed to be fixed for a while, but the King allocated all the taxpayers money to decorate his palace, fill his closet, or build monuments and museums that exemplified him.

Once we made it deep into the woods I found a small spot, tucked back behind some fallen trees and stones. We would be hidden and safe.

"Jax, why don't you go get some wood and kindling for a fire," I said, pulling out some blankets I had packed, "I'll get us set up here."

"Yes, ma'am," Jax said, walking off.

After a few minutes the blankets were set and I had dug a hole and put stone around it in preparation for a fire. I started a small burn with some small twigs and leaves so I could see what I was doing until Jax returned. While I waited for Jax to come back I pulled off my heels and packed them away. I sat on my side and began to take my hair out of the bun; long auburn waves fell around my face.

I heard a rustling of leaves and looked up to find Jax standing by the fire pit, his hands full of wood and twigs, as he stared at me, an intense gleam in his eye.

"Good find?" I said, heat flushing through my body as I took him in. His white shirt was rolled to his elbows and his strong and toned arms were flexed as he carried the wood.

I started to stand; wanting to walk over and run my hands through his hair, which was wild and undone from our running and his search for wood.

"Don't," Jax said, dropping the wood in a messy pile at his feet, "Sit."

Jax's eyes were on fire as they bore into mine, setting my soul of fire with his molten gaze. He walked over so slowly it made my body ache to stand up to touch him. When he reached me, he knelt in front of me. The small fire I created burned softly, creating a beautiful glow around him. I ran my hands over his features as he knelt before me.

"Are you sure you want this, Jax? I don't know what's going to happen and we could be out here a while," I whispered, "You're a prince, with me you're nothing."

"No, my Mia, I am a happy man with you, something I'd never been and only dreamed of before you," he said, reaching into his pocket, "And I meant what I said when I told my father I wanted to marry you."

Jax pulled out a delicate silver band with gold vines gently twisting around the ring. It was so simple, beautiful and so...me.

"Did you mean what you said, that you accept my offer of marriage?" he whispered,

"I meant it," I gasped, letting him slide the ring on my left ring finger, "Of course I meant it."

I wrapped my arms around him and held him close, "I'm sorry there's no diamond. I just figured you'd prefer something more simple."

"It's perfect," I whispered, pulling back and looking in his eyes.

"You are so beautiful, Mia," he said, running along my jawline, "You own me. I have a lot of baggage, but it's all yours if you want it."

Before I could answer Jax leaned forward and kissed me, tenderly and lovingly. He pulled away and stood up. He reached out his large, strong hand to me to help me up. I took it and let him lift me easily so we were chest to chest.

"Will you help me?" I asked, turning around and pulling my hair to the side.

I felt Jax run his hands over my bare shoulders, then down to the zipper. He unzipped my dress slowly, painfully slowly. I held the dress up by the bodice until I felt Jax's lips on my neck, his hands wrapping around my waist. I no longer had control of my body and before I could stop myself I let the dress fall and heard Jax gasp.

I turned my body slowly, keeping myself pressed against him. I slid my hands up his chest, feeling the hard muscle beneath his shirt. Jax growled and grabbed my face and yanked it up to him so he could kiss me deeply. We were free of the castle's lurking presence and I felt myself release all the restraint I had to have inside the castle walls. With a groan I ripped open his shirt, the buttons flying off to the sides getting lost in the grass.

Jax pulled back and held my chin in his large hand, eyeing me with such intensity it was a miracle I didn't explode, "Why Ms. Luther, I think I like this side of you."

I smirked, "You set this side of me free Jax. Plus, it hardly seems fair, me in just my underwear and you fully clothed."

I realized that Jax had never seen so much of me and felt a shiver run down my body. Like any woman I had my flaws and was self conscious of them, but nothing could keep me from Jax in this moment, I wanted him to finally see all of me and know how much he owned me.

Jax growled and dove back onto my mouth, devouring me like I was the only thing keeping him alive. Suddenly he lifted me with ease and I wrapped my legs around his waist, pawing at him to get closer. With the grace that only someone with significant strength could muster, Jax lowered me down onto the ground gently and covered me in his warm body. Jax tossed his shirt to the side, then pulled away so he could look at my body closely.

I ran my hands over his solid muscle as he took me in, then wrapped my hands around his biceps and squeezing. His eyes moved from my body and snapped onto my eyes. They were filled with heat and desire. He looked at me like I was all he'd ever want on this earth. In truth, after finally knocking down my walls I realized he was all I'd ever want. No man had ever made me feel like Jax did and I knew no man ever would. We were bound by fate long before we had found each other, so when we finally did collide it was as natural as breathing.

"Mia, we don't have to do anything right now. We can wait," Jax whispered, running his hands tenderly over my cheeks, "I know you've never been with anyone like this before, so we don't have to rush. As long as I can touch you I know I'm luckier than any other man."

"Jax, I want you now and I want you always," I said. I took a deep breath and let my heart out, "I think we were written in the stars, bound to each other from the beginning. I'm tired to waiting and wanting you, my fate is yours and I want you. Unless you want to wait..."

Jax stared at me with wide eyes, his gorgeous gray eyes shining bright with emotion, "I thought it was in my head...but our souls are the same, spit at birth only so we could find each other again to make us whole. I've wanted you since I saw you."

"Then take me..." I gasped as he began nipping at my neck and touching my whole body, "Make me yours."

Hi hands, his touch, his mouth was almost overwhelming. I was desperate for all of him. Tears welled in my eyes as he tenderly traced the scars on my body. I realized my heart was finally home, "I love you," I gasped, grabbing his hair and pulling him to look at me, "I love you so much."

Jax's face softened as he took my face in his hands, "My Mia, I love you. I am yours until the day I die and even then, I'll find you again."