Chapter 11

Talia p.o.v

I can't believe I ran away from my date I finally stop at the lake I put down my dress that I've been holding in my mouth all this way then I lie down on the grass. I must be the worst mate of all time running off like that on the first date Ice has been nagging me for ages about leaving our mate like that maybe I overreacted a little bit.

(Ice - dam right you did!!!

Great (!) She's pissed.

Talia - Ice did you have to yell? I am sorry what was I suppose to have to do? It sounded like he was saying I was a spoiled princess.

Ice - that's not what he said.......wait did you even listen to him?

Crap

Talia - no I guess I didn't want to hear him saying that I was spoiled.

Ice - for god sake woman you listen and you listen well that's not even what he said his words were " but why isn't that so bad isn't that the point of being a princess? I don't mean anything bad by it and maybe you are right cuz you don't seem the kind person that doesn't like to be spoiled but loved and cared for"

Talia - did he say that?

Ice - yip just because you weren't listening doesn't mean I wasn't.

Talia - alright smartass you don't have to rub it in.)

Before anything else could be said between us the sound of a branch snapping catches my attention. I am quick to get on my feet as I look around I don't see anything that is until the scent of apples and cinnamon......John. Within a few seconds, he comes out from the tree line but why is he holding a picnic basket? There is a look of relief on his face as he comes closer to me.

John - thank the goddess you are ok I was really worried.

He stops and kneels in front of me putting the basket down beside him he then looks me over before raises his hand and starts to stroke my fur. I can feel Ice getting excited and she takes control pushing me to the back of our mind as she steps forward to lick his face.

John - you are a very beautiful wolf Ice.

God, she's a slut sometimes and how did he know that Ice was in control?

John - Ice not that I don't wanna spend time with you but I need to talk to talia so could you guys shift back?

He's right I can't mind link him yet since we haven't marked each other. Ice hesitates but soon nods but when she goes to shift right in front of John I suddenly realise that if we shift I will be naked.

(Talia - ice wait... If we shift now he will see us naked.

Ice - so? It's not like we are a virgin, thanks for that by the way.

Talia - are you still annoyed by that.

Ice - yes woman I wanted to wait for our mate for our first time.

Talia - I thought he loved me remember?

Ice - well he didn't did he?

Talia - fine whatever can I shift now.)

She doesn't answer I turn and pick up my dress then go behind a tree to shift back after I am done I put on my dress and step out. I walk over and sit next to John on the ground lucky it's not wet I look at him then at the picnic basket beside him.

John - hungry?

Talia - no......

My stomach lets out a growl causing my face to go red And John raises an eyebrow at me.

John - you sure about that?

Talia - ok yeah I am. But first I wanted to say that I am sorry for running away like that I just freaked out.

He goes into the basket and pulls out a box with a  sandwich wrapped in it then hands it to me before he takes out another box.

John - was it something I said? Or was it your dad?

I should tell him the truth I don't want our relationship to be built on lies.

Talia - it was both of you.

John - what do you mean by that?

Talia - let me explain, I was mad at my dad for doing that even if he thought he was helping, and for you........I may overreacted by what you said since it sounded like you were gonna call me a spoiled princess I am so sorry I......Woah...

I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence as out of nowhere he pulls me onto his lap and I am straddling him I still have the sandwich box in my hand so I put it down.

John - I would never call you a "spoiled princess" I may have only known you for two days but I can already tell you aren't like that. I am sorry for making it sound that way let me make it up to you, Close your eyes just for a second.

I hesitate at first but I should start to trust him so I close my eyes.

John - open your mouth.

I open my mouth then after 2 seconds I feel with a crisp, firm flesh but when I gently bite into it I find it tastes sweet and I realise what John just gave me.

Talia - how did you know I liked grapes?

John - your mum told me when I came after you.

I smile then remember we were meant to be on a date.

Talia - John I am sorry that I ruined our date.

John - you didn't this is what I wanted to have for a date with you, a picnic and a nice quiet place for us.

Talia - so we didn't need the Phantom or the jaguar.

John - not really but to be honest as long as I am with you I don't care what we do.

Talia - next time don't listen to my dad.

John - I will try but it's not when he's the Alpha.

I raise an eyebrow did he forgot that my dad is not only the alpha but the alpha king.

Talia - don't forget he is the Alpha King.

John gulps causing me to giggle.

John - oh yeah thanks for the remainder talia.

I stayed on his lap for over 15 minutes then over the next few hours, we had some food my mum packed, have some laughs and talk about a lot of stuff even had a splash in the water but he was still hiding something not sure what tho I won't force him to tell me if he's uncomfortable telling me. John is on top of me as we are having a tickle fight when John suddenly jumps up from on top of me and starts to look around while growling.

Talia - John what's wrong?.

He doesn't answer me he just sniffing the air so I copy him and start sniffing too and I catch the scent of what might be causing him to act this way as I stand up two dark figures start to move towards us John quickly goes into a defensive position as he sticks me behind his back I like the idea he is trying to protect me but there is no need for it so I move to his side, he looks to me.

Talia - John.......

He quickly looks away from me back to the trees as the two figures come out if the tree line.