42| Cursed Child

"What do you mean?" Eris asked.

"I'm way too sure you're fully aware of it, Eris. Don't play your game on me otherwise you wouldn't like how things going to turn against you." He smirked slyly. "I'm pondering why you're being clueless considering your behest to make her find the high priestess."

She became speechless—she looked puzzled. "Like what you've mentioned, I wouldn't have to sacrifice myself had I known of what she truly is." She uttered anxiously. She didn't like his accusations which dripping each of his words. "I told her to find the priestess for—for everything she needs to know."

"It's nice of you. But did you forgot to tell her—" He taunted guilefully. "Or was it your true intent?" Lord Ronin roved his knowing eyes to Yenaery. She tried to compose herself. She must've done planning what she needs to do because she seemed settled and started to walk with purpose and became determined more than ever. "Did she know that going there is nearly impossible? And did you make it clear that everything she needs to know comes at a price?"

Eris was obviously bothered and uncomfortable when she averted her eyes. "She can do it. She's capable, I mean—she can find her way and I know she can make it. I do believe in her."

He smirked. "You're obviously eluding my question—why such?"

"I'm not hiding anything if that's what you're trying to imply. Stop accusing things on me." She drifted towards Yenaery who's now running across the barren land.

He may have his conversation with Eris but he was fully aware with Yenaery's presence. He knew where that mortal girl was going. He can't believe how willful she is to go on her way despite those miles and miles of distance she had to go through. She probably won't make it considering her inadequate time to reach there before the sun goes down. But it seems like she doesn't care about it.

He couldn't stop to ruminate where the timid girl he had met some years ago. Indeed, time in celestial realm was way too slow. He had missed a lot of things throughout those years while he was away.

He whistled.

Though, both of the ladies had already dashed in the distance but with his immense power they're still within his reach. There's a galloping stallion in the horizon. It's impeccably white and magnificent as it approaches towards Yenaery in a shortest span of time. She stared at the gallant beast with great awe.

Yenaery stared at the stallion with amazement. She was totally perplexed in front of the giant beast. She brought and grazed her hand on its glossy, ivory mane.

It was mesmerizing to gaze straight into her violet eyes. Eyes are the windows of a soul. It amazes him when there's no more trace of dullness which once reflected in it before. It shines and sparkles with life and hope. He dragged his eyes away.

The stallion had snorted. It's rude and hostile—showing its dominant stance and stubborn trait. It was adamant to reject her but it sighs amenably when the beast caught Lord Ronin's commanding eyes. The surreptitious gaze between them was meaningful.

Eris had casted a cursory glance at Lord Ronin. It confuses her how did this wild stallion turned gentle and become permissive afterwards. It goes down and bends its forelegs to let Yenaery mount on its back. "I'm glad you decided to help her. Thanks for your little mercy."

"Did I?" He shrugged his shoulder and eyed Eris. He's aware she's been trying her best to avoid their previous confrontation. "I didn't—you're clearly mistaken and don't dare to change what we've discussed here. You obviously tried to evade the question."