13| Unspoiled Beauty

"Let me go!"

Upon hearing an ear-splitting shriek, Lord Ronin stops on his track. He's on his way for a morning walk but he wants to know what's happening back there.

At a blink of an eye, he's in a hallway when he saw her running wildly like hundreds of demons are chasing after her. She looks derailed while Amerton looks out of breath running behind her.

"What in hell is going on?"

"I'm just trying to help her, my Lord." He's gasping for air.

Something isn't right upon how she perceives things around her. Her eyes are dilated with intense fear but when she saw him, her violet eyes and panic-stricken face has lighted up as if she found her hope and light at that moment. She sprinted as fast as she could towards him.

He's completely stunned when she rushed into him without hesitations.

She's whimpering while she took refuge behind him. She's delirious and muttering something incoherent. She clung unto him like a child begging for mercy.

Looking at Amerton, they're both clueless and wondering what's going on.

When he whisks her away, she looks at him with pain though she's still adamant. She's determined of not letting him go.

She's incessant begging him to save her. She uses him as her shield whatever makes her terrified. She's completely different from how he perceived her yesterday. Her cold and nonchalant demeanor is nowhere to be found.

She lost it. She turned into someone he never expected. What made her so scared?

Whatever frazzles her, he finds it amusing. He hasn't given a thought upon how to wreak havoc in her senses. It's totally unexpected to witness her in demented state. He couldn't imagine how she became hysterical when she's emotionless.

Anyway, that's out of his concern. She could go frenzy and he won't care.

This is such a wonderful morning to behold. He will never forget how her panic-driven face seeks his assistance to keep her safe.

Unless he won't do something, she won't stop hiding and clutching behind him. Turning around, he wrapped his arms around her while taking advantage of her vulnerability. But upon enclosing her on his arms, there's an overwhelming spark that strikes him all over—something that brings warmth to a coldest heart.

Without resistance, she hugs him with complete reliance.

She's warm and too delicate in his arms.

What in heaven?

There it goes again.

He didn't like this.

He just wants to play.

He was about to whisk her again but he didn't have a heart watch her fall after she lost her senses. She became limp and senseless. Cradling her in his arm, he couldn't keep his eyes away from her pale face. She had a little frown with her long lashes drenched with tears. Against his arm, she looks so frail and dainty. He may have a coldest heart but he didn't want to wake her up.

Last time he saw her, when he found her slumping in the dungeon with traces of blood and bruises marring her moon-white face, it roiled him. He hadn't thought that those lowly beings would dare to assault her. He came down late with an intent to rile her but seeing her almost lifeless, it irked him to see her in an uncomfortable condition.

She may look cold and passive but she's too vulnerable.

He looks away.

He didn't like this. He didn't know why but something vexes him. "Take her to her room." He handed her over to Amerton.