2| Dilkash

Ankhon mein teri...
Ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain

Ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain ✨

"Good morning, beta." Mrs. Malhotra greeted Aashi as she entered the kitchen.

Child

"Morning Mama." She greeted her too. She looked back at the aloo paratha that she was making. As soon as it got cooked, she took it off the heat and replaced it with a new one.

"Are those aloo parathas I smell?" Mr. Malhotra said as he entered the kitchen.

"Yes those are." Aashi said with a broad smile. He loves everything Aashi cooks but aloo parathas are his absolute favourite.

"Oh my God, I love you." He said as he happily hugged his daughter with a big smile. She hugged him back and he kissed her forehead.

"Umm... Aashi, there's something I, no, we need to talk to you about." Mrs. Malhotra said in a serious voice.

"Can we talk while eating please?" She politely asked.

"Sure beta." Her Mom said.

She served the parathas along with two cups of hot masala chai which she had just prepared. She placed the cup which had sugarless chai for Mrs. Malhotra since she is diabetic and regular chai cup for Mr. Malhotra.

Tea

"Where is Vedika?" She asked referring to her younger sister.

"Sleeping." Her father replied.

"Bring me some pickle and curd, Sharda." Mrs. Malhotra asked the Head of the House-Helps.

"In a minute." Sharda Aunty replied. She had been working here ever since Mr. Malhotra was in his early twenties, so around 30 years now, give or take.

"Aashi, do you remember my old friend, Mrs. Priya Oberoi?" Mrs. Malhotra asked as they begin eating.

"Yeah. What about her?" Aashi asked.

"When we last met, she expressed her concerns about finding an appropriate wife for his elder son, Armaan Oberoi..." Mrs. Malhotra begin but she cut her off.

"The next CEO of Oberoi Group of Companies and the son of Dad's old business acquaintance, Mr. Adarsh Oberoi. I know of him. What's he to do with our conversation?" She completed.

"Adarsh called me the other day and I need to tell both something." Mr. Malhotra said.

"A significant shareholder and investor of Oberoi Group of Companies Mr. Singhania, recently tricked them and pulled back his huge investment from the company. Adarsh talked to me about how their company will go bankrupt in the span of less than a year. I had a thought about investing in his company but he had a counter offer." Mr. Malhotra completed.