7| Dilkash

Sab gatein hai sab hi madhosh hai
Hum tum kyun khaamosh hai

✨ Sab gatein hai sab hi madhosh haiHum tum kyun khaamosh hai ✨

"Kahan reh gaya yeh ladka?!" Mrs. Oberoi grumbled for the nth time as she looked at poor Aashi who looked tired beyond measure.

Where is this boy?!

"Call kiya maine kuch pal pehle. He didn't pick up." Aditi said as she descended downstairs.

I called him few minutes ago.

"Aashi, beta, jao tum so jao. Main usko khana de dungi." Mrs. Oberoi said keeping a hand on Aashi's shoulder.

Aashi, child, you go and sleep. I'll give him his food.

"No need. You need to leave in an hour if you want to catch your flight and you haven't even packed yet, let alone changed." Aashi firmly denied.

"Packing is done." Mr. Oberoi announced as he walked downstairs with a servant carrying his two bags behind him.

"See, now I can wait for him. You go and take a 20 minutes nap if you want to." Mrs. Oberoi advices Aashi but she shook her head negative.

"It's already 10:30. Agar abhi soyi toh sidhi kal subhe aankh khulegi." Aashi said as she slumped on the chair of the dinning table.

If I sleep now, I'll wake up directly in the morning.

"Ap dono ko jaldi se jaldi nikalna chahiye or else you'll miss your flight." Aditi said giving her mother a light push towards the staircase.

You both should leave soon

"You sure?" Mrs. Oberoi asked Aashi at which she gave a positive reply.

"You go." She said and her mother-in-law nodded her head.

It's been three weeks since Aashi and Armaan's marriage. Days seem to fly as the couple took their time in adjusting themselves to each other's presence. Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi have an urgent family function to attend to for which they're travelling to Delhi.

Armaan's late today, again. He left early this morning without having his breakfast and knowing how he drowns himself in his work, Aashi knew he most probably skipped lunch too. She mentally shook her head sideways at her husband's carelessness.

"Bye mom, bye dad." Aashi and Aditi waved at Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi as they all walked to the main door to bid them a goodbye.

"Bye, my daughters. Take care of yourself and that workaholic son of mine. We'll be back and I promise to bring you all gifts." Mr. Oberoi said as he lovingly stroked both the girls' head.

Aditi squealed at the mention of gifts, making the three others chuckle.

"Have a safe journey." Aashi said as they finally sat into the car and they waved them off. Both the girls walked inside the house and sat on the dinner table once again.

"Bhabi, do you mind if I go to sleep? I have an early class tomorrow." Aditi said.

"Yeah sure. Go ahead, Diti." Aashi said and received a smile and a small squeeze on her shoulder from Aditi before she headed upstairs towards her room.

"Where are you, Armaan?" Aashi murmured to no one in particular and got up from her previous seat.

She heaved a sigh and went to her room to change into a pair of sweatpants and a comfortable tee. She tied her previously loose hair into a messy bun and removed the small jewellery she was wearing earlier. She just kept her mangalsutra on.

She walked downstairs and sat in the living room. She started playing friends on the TV and fetched herself a tub of ice cream from the fridge. She curled herself into a ball on the large, comfortable sofa and wrapped herself in a blanket that she had bought downstairs with herself from her room. She started eating her ice cream while laughing at Chandler's sarcasm.

.

.

.

"I'll send you the files in 30 minutes." Armaan's voice woke Aashi up who somehow was now sleeping in her bed in their room.

"Maan?" Aashi said in a sleepy voice as she sat on the bed and rubbed her eyes to get rid of the previous sleepiness.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry." Armaan said after he disconnected his call.

"Kya time hua hai?" Aashi questioned.

What's the time?

"11:30." Armaan answered as he glanced at his wrist watch.

"Aur aap ne abhi tak khaana nahi khaya na?" Aashi said in an irritated voice. She got up from the bed saying this.

And you haven't had dinner yet, no?

"Nahi, woh bhul gaya." Armaan replied in a small voice.

No, I forgot.

"Where the hell were you?" Aashi tried her best not to scream at Armaan but failed.

"O-Office." Armaan couldn't help but stutter. It was the first time he had seen his innocent wife lash out.

"I spent bloody 3 hours in the kitchen and made 5 different dishes for you. And you, Armaan Oberoi have the audacity to show up at 11:30 pm. What kind of meeting ends at almost midnight. Couldn't you have rescheduled?" Aashi asked as she kept her hands on her waist with her eyes blazing with anger.

"It was really important otherwise I would have rescheduled it." Armaan tried giving an excuse. Truth was, he had completely lost the track of time in the meeting. Aashi's dinner slipped out of his mind.

"Bahane hai saare, Oberoi Sahab. Aapko meri parwah hi nahi." Aashi said as her voice turned soft. Armaan heard her gulp and looked up at her crestfallen face. She looked like she was on the verge of crying.

Those are mere excuses, Mr. Oberoi. You don't care about me.

Armaan picked a metal showpiece from the coffee table and handed it to her.

"What is this for?" Aashi questioned, confused at his actions.

"Sar phod do mera isse. Maar lo mujhe. Bhukha rakho, khana mat dena aaj, par..." Armaan left the sentence hanging as he kept the showpiece in Aashi's hands.

Break my head. Hit me. Starve me, don't give me any food tonight, but...

He grabbed her waist and pulled her towards his chest. Their bodies touching, breaths mingling with each other.

"Par doobara kabhi mat kehna ki mujhe tumhari parwah nahi." He whispered in a soft voice, his breath hitting her face.

But don't ever say, I don't care about you.

Aashi smiled at him and playfully slapped his cheek.

"Ab gussa thanda pad gaya ho toh khana milega?" Armaan asked and Aashi nodded with a smile.

Now, if you're not angry anymore, may I have some dinner?

"Bilkul." Aashi said.

Absolutely.

— x —

How'd you like the chapter? TBH the last scene's not completely my idea, a friend suggested it so there's that. Anyways, leave a comment if you think they're cute.