Chapter 1: Rebirth

It was pretty hard for me to come to terms with it before, but I've reincarnated.

I don't know where I am, since i spend most of my days in a crib, yes, a crib. I don't know how actual babies can sit through this. Its plain torture! I just watch as the days go by, doing nothing!

Well, I am trying to do something. That something is gaining motor control over my limbs. When I started practicing, I didnt think it would be this fucking hard.

Trying to roll over exhausted most of my energy, and I slept for the rest of the day. God. At least its another boring day spent. Although I want to gain control over my movements, I know that babies develop naturally, meaning I could just wait it out, BUT, I have nothing else to do, and I'm not just gonna look at the pretty mural ceiling.

Oh yeah, another thing i do to pass the time is trying to figure out where the fuck am I. The only reason I know what reincarnation means, is because my sister would always rant about how she wanted to reincarnate to her otome game world, into a minor character and then, she would fight the two-faced heroine for the affection of the male leads. Ugh. Just thinking about those annoying rants I had to listen to sends shivers down my spine.

But anyway, it has been about 3 weeks since i've been here, and I've found out a few things. First, this is not my era. So far, judging my the weird and lavish room i'm in. With countless gold lines furniture and marble floors, and the mural on the ceiling, I can definitely say, this place is not very modern.

Second, It doesn't seem like i'm someone people care about. The only people i've seen enter this room are wet nurses that feed me. I don't know know if i'm lucky to be born into this rich looking household, or the opposite.

———————————————————————-

About a month has passed, and I'm getting somewhere. I can now sit up!! This is an occasion to be celebrated! But seriously, i'm very proud of myself. I'm just a few steps away from walking, well, I would have to get out of the crib to do that.....

Then, I hear the door opening. But it's not time for food yet, it's only been an hour since the last meal........

The door opens, and standing in the doorway, is a middle aged man, his sharp features tell me he was handsome in his youth, his black hair styled neatly, and his brown eyes looked calm and authoritarian.

If I could control my facial muscles, I would have my mouth gaping open, and my eyes filled with horror. It was not because I was scared of this man, no, but because I had seen him before. In a cutscene, in a court room,with his eyes just as call as these, Antony Grendbell, the father of the villainess of "Marlene Chronicles".