Chapter 27: I hope one day my feelings will reach you

A/N I'm very sorry for not updating, I was really busy and tired....

Ceil POV

"So, when will you do it?" asked Alex, walking up behind me while I'm sitting in the study room.

"I won't. Stop bothering me." I said, returning back to reading my book. This idiot has been bothering me for the past couple of days. I can't focus on anything I'm doing at all.

"Come on. It's easy, look here you have the perfect way!" Alex took out my f diary from hi coat, and opened a random page. I immediately sat up, and tried to take it from him.

" 'Al, I've been in love with you for years, please  will you accept my feelings?' "My brother spoke with a smirk.

I finally got ahold of my diary and closed it with force. "Shut up! I already told you I'm not going to confess!" I yelled, my cheeks hot.

This guy has been bothering me to confess for the past few days. It's not like I never thought about confessing, but I'm afraid of what would happen me and Al's relationship....

I doubt my feelings would ever be returned, but I know Al, he wouldn't be able to reject me. Instead, he would probably either say he'll think about it to avoid answering or just accept it out of pity. All of the things I don't want.

It's better I keep this to myself.

———————————————————-

Allen POV

I feel like lately, Ceil has been acting weird. He seems like to space out more often. I wonder what's he thinking about.... Is there something bothering him?

"Ceil?" I tapped his shoulder from behind him.

He seemed to snap out of it and turn around.

"Ah, Al. Sorry, I was spacing out." He laughed. I could see dark circles under his eyes. Did something happen to him?

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. Why are you asking?"

"No reason, you just seemed spaced out-" before I could finish, I was interrupted by a loud voice behind Ceil.

"HEY! When are you going to finally confess??" That loud voice belonged to Alex. Wait. Why is Alex here? Confess? Is he talking to Ceil? Is Ceil planning to confess to someone. I felt my chest tighten at the thought.

It seems Alex finally saw me behind Ceil, and immediately put his hand over his mouth and quietly muttered "oops".

I looker over at Ceil, who had an unreadable expression on his face. Was I not supposed to hear that?

Ceil walked over to Alex and pulled him by his collar. "What are you doing here?" He asked, angrily. But it really was weird, Alex has already graduated, why is he at school?

"Sorry, sorry. Father sent me to discuss preparations for graduation." Ah. Graduation is coming soon.

The Graduation event is very important, for a school as big as this, it gathers a lot of attention. For us first years, it's just an event celebrating the end of the year, but for the third years, it's a celebration for having made it and finally leaving to become an adult in the world.

This celebration is very popular. They have a ball, many parties hosted by the students, and all kinds of things. And, since the Kings son goes here, the King also makes an appearance.

"Then go do that." Ceil let's go of his brothers shirt, and Alex walks away as fast as he can.

"Um, Ceil?" I ask nervously. Ceil, has someone he wants to confess to? At least that's what Alex said. Based on Alex's personality, he is probably pushing Ceil to confess to this person. Could that be what's bothering him recently?

"Yes?" Ceil said, not with the usual smile he always had, but a kind of sad smile.

"Do you.... um, have anyone you.....like?" I swallowed. I know that Ceil is not obligated to tell me everything, I know what, but, Ceil always tells me everything about him.... i just assumed that he hadn't hidden anything from me....

Why wouldn't he tell me he has someone he likes. I felt disappointed, but I thought it would be better If i didn't know.

Did he not tell me because he was afraid to tell me our friendship won't be the same anymore? I mean, if he starts dating.... There wouldn't be any space for me.

I felt my eyes growing watery. I held it in, trying not to cry in front of Ceil.

Ceil had been looking down to the side for a while, before he said, "Yeah, um.... but it's not anything important."

I held in the building feeling in my throat.

"Who.... who is it?" I asked, looking up at him.

Ceil's eyes met with mine. He stayed quiet. I knew what this meant. I knew I was overstepping boundaries by trying to get myself involved.

"Um...it's fine... you don't need to tell me...." I turned around and started walking away, mumbling a goodbye before I turned the corner.

When I was out of Ceil's sight, I ran. I didn't know where, but I just needed to get away. I hope no one sees me, it would be embarrassing for someone to see how much I'm crying over a stupid thing like this.

A/N After listening to your suggestions, I have a lot of plans for this series, and just wanna say, it will get hectic after these chapters, be ready! ;)