Chapter 10: The future is predictable, but that doesn't make it less scary

I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED TO WORRY. Who knew those precious three years would move lighting fast, honestly, it felt like I was 13 yesterday. And now I'm in a carriage going to the entrance ceremony of Saint Marlene academy.

I was really freaking out, and I hoped it wouldn't show on my face. The heroine shows herself in the opening ceremony, the principle introducing her as the first commoner student and a light magic user. Leaving the ceremony, she bumps into Ceil, and they have a conversation, and Ceil, attracted to her humbleness, starts to take interest in her. That's what sets off Alice, who starts harassing her. 

Though now, Alice will probably not start anything. The reasons are, because Alice has become a lot calmer and understanding, and the fact that she isn't engaged to Ceil. Yeah. I don't know why they didn't get engaged, but it seems Ceil and Alice rejected the idea of it furiously, as they said they wanted to remain friends. Honestly, I felt a bit happy about that.

The carriage stopped. It seems that I have arrived at school. I don't know what's awaiting me there. I would like to stay low, but..........

"Al! Finally, I was worried you wouldn't show up at such a grand event!" As I stepped out of the carriage, walking toward me was a very handsome man. His bright blonde hair and blue eyes shined in the sunlight, and his smile reaching his ears. Ceil has definitely become more handsome from when we were kids. When he was little, you could call him cute, but I don't feel confident in saying that to his face right now. 

I nodded at him. I was honestly considering not showing up, as I do with all the other events that I don't feel comfortable attending. But I figured at least I'll show up to school. I've always stayed low in social events. Most people don't know who I am, but, because of me and Ceil being good childhood friends, I don't have a chance of staying unnoticed at school.

I walked next to Ceil toward the hall, and I could already see eyes on us, luckily my expression stayed neutral and didn't reveal my discomfort. But, in typical Ceil fashion, he seemed to know everything.

"Don't be scared, it's just an entrance ceremony, no one will judge you here." he said, leaning into my ear. I instinctively pulled away, that surprised me, my hearts beating really fast.

We hake our way into the hall, and I take a seat next to Ceil, not too close to the stage, and not too far. Soon, people started flooding in, and instantly Ceil was recognized. He had been to many events with his father after all, so he's made some acquaintances. Me, on the other hand, tried my best not to show myself. Most people eyed me weirdly for sitting next to Ceil, but I ignored them. 

The speech soon started, and Alice walked onto the stage. The welcoming speech is typically done by the top student, which of course, is Alice. I quietly watched and listened. When she was done, she didn't walk off, but instead moved away from the podium.

"This academy has been here for decades, we try to educate our future generations, so that they have a bright future. Our future doesn't include discrimination, this academy welcomes all who are worthy of being here. So, I would like to introduce, our very first student, not coming from a noble family." Here it comes.

Onto the stage stepped out a girl, with long, silky black locks, her hair swinging as she walked toward the podium, her smile as pure as the sun. She scanned around the room with a smile, looking around for something, her eyes landed next to me, she widened her smile. I turned next to me, where Ceil was sitting.

Honestly, I really hoped she would go any route except Ceils. I didn't want to see him go through everything that the otome game version of him went through. I felt like the game version of Ceil and the Ceil sitting next to me are enterally different. One is an annoying prick, the other is a dear friend. 

Ceil was looking down at the stage with a neutral expression, I tried finding any kind of indication of interest, when I didn't seem to find anything, I felt relieved....wait, relieved? 

"What is it?" Ceil noticed my stare, not letting me finish my thought. 

"No, it's nothing." I looked back at the stage. I had to get Ceil away from her, so she would naturally go down a different route.

"Ahem." The heroine leaned into the voice enhancement tool. "Hello, my name is Violet, and I'm a light magic user. I hope I can make friends at this school, and maybe find my special someone!" She laughed. Everyone was distracted by the fact that she said light magic user that they ignored the last sentence, and how she turned her gaze to Ceil, again.

I felt uneasy, because that's not what she said in the game. My sister had gone through all the routes, unlocked every secret event she could, so she had to restart, a lot. That starting speech was basically a core memory now, I could recite it in my speech. She basically said everything right, but the last part, about the special someone was not in there. It gave me a really bad feeling. 

"You ok?" Ceil touched me on my shoulder, startling me from my thoughts. Ah, I forgot, my feelings are basically transparent to Ceil. 

I nodded hesitantly, I could tell he saw that, and was suspicious, but left it alone, thankfully.

The speech ended, and Ceil was ready to make his way toward the dorms, but I grabbed his shirt, in an effort to stop him, "wait," I said.

"What?" He turned to me confused.

"Let's go meet Alice first, tell her how well she did in her speech." I said, hesitantly. Ceil was already suspicious of me, and I felt like this wasn't helping, but that way, is well....her.

"Alice has to meet with the principle after the speech, we'll meet her later, what's wrong?" He asked. 

"Umm... nothing really!" I tried my best to not act suspicious, but it just had to be Ceil who knew exactly how to look through me, so he didn't exactly buy it.

"That's it, we're going to the dorms to rest, something wrong." He grabbed my wrist and started pulling me toward the dorms. I tried to escape his grip, trying my best to make excuses to not go to the dorms, but he wouldn't let go, curse his physique!

I continued to struggle while we walked, when we turned to corner, Ceil stopped, and I heard a thud. Oh no, I'm too late.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't look where I was going." I heard the same voice I heard at the entrance ceremony today. It was Violet. 

"Ah don't worry about it." Ceil said calmly and continued walking. Huh? The heroine also seemed confused, she eyed me with confusion and also irritation. 

I was also confused, this was one of the most important events in the game, where the games story would kick off and the heroines love story would start, yet Ceil just said sorry and walked off, well, maybe because he's dragging me towards the dorms, for some reason, my face started getting hot thinking that.