Chapter 36: Plan

Allen POV

Weeks have gone by and the palace has gotten more and more hectic by the day. Alex and Ceil have to host regular meetings to try and sort out what to do with the Demons Kings declaration of war.

I could tell it was tiering them out, with Ceil walking into his room for a break and collapsing on his bed.

At least it would all be over soon. The reason it was so hectic to begin with, was because the Kingdom didn't have a ruler, but, in one of the meetings, Alex and Ceil proposed the idea of Alex taking the position of King until Ceil is old enough to lead.

The decision is yet to be made final, as it needs to be discussed a little bit more, but I'm glad it's not like those novels I've read, when the protagonist has to become King at a young age, and suffers a mental breakdown.

I heard the door opening, and in came Ceil, slouching over in exhaustion. I rush over to him, asking "Are you ok?"

Ceil lets out a tired sigh, and rests his head on my shoulder. "It's nothing really, it's just that those nobles are really freaking out about the war. It's seems it really is inevitable..."

"Huh? Why?" I ask.

"What do you mean 'why'? Didn't this happen in the original story?" He asks.

"No. The Demon King is defeated in one of the scenarios." I say.

"Really?!" He grabs me by my shoulders. "How????"

"Well, thats a bit tricky. My memories of the game are really faded now, and plus it was only one route, so....."

"So?"

"We'll have to ask the one person who knows more about the game than I do...." I say quietly.

"Violet." Ceil says with a cold tone. It seems like he is still very mad at her, and he has every right to be.

"You don't have to come along! I can go by myself."

"No, it's fine. I'll go." He sighs.

————————————————-

As we made our way down to the dungeon, I felt more and more anxious. I still hadn't told Ceil that Violet is my sister, but, I have to tell him now, or else it will lead to an even more awful situation.

"Hey Ceil." I stop.

"Hm? What is it?"

"There's something you need to know, before we visit Violet...." I say

"What?"

"As we know, Violet is another reincarnated person, and..... i recently found out that she's my sister in my previous life......" I take a deep breath to say it all.

I don't look up from the ground for a while, afraid of Ceil's expression.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"You are already so busy, and I couldn't find the right time. I'm sorry!" I frantically try to explain.

"Al, it's ok. I'm glad you told me." He smiled. "Well, I'm still mad at her, I hope you don't mind."

"No, I don't. Let's go!"

——————————————————

Violet heard footsteps near her cell and looked up. "What are you doing here?" She seemed surprised to see us.

"We're here to ask for help." Ceil walks in front of me. "Al already told me about you both being reincarnated, so don't feel like you need to hide anything. How do you defeat the demon king?" He asks straightforwardly.

"Well, I should have guessed. Well, to be honest, it's extremely difficult. Defeating the Demon King is only one route in the entire game, and it's the hardest one to beat. Its virtually impossible." I'll She says  with a serious face.

"What-"

"But, you're in luck. I just so happen to be stuck in here for a few days, and was quite bored for most of them, so I've already come up with a plan." She smiled

A/N sorry the chapters haven't been long school is killing me physically and mentally 🥲