Chapter 18: Please don't get hurt

I was in class, trying to remember the events in the game, and what the heroine did in them, so I can be prepared for what's going to happen, when the question Myles asked Ceil a few days ago popped into my head. The swordsmanship tournament.

I remembered now. It was a minor event and it served one purpose, what my sister called the 'hurt trope', where a character get's hurt so that the other one can worry.

Well, in the game, all of the male leads are in the sword fighting class. You can wish a certain capture target good luck. That capture target then ,with then power of love i guess, goes on to the final round of the tournament, but get's hurt, then the heroine takes care of their wounds.

In final round if the tournament, the student fights the professor, to see how far they have come, you win the tournament no matter if you lose or win the fight, but it's just a test of skill.

In this world, I don't know who's going to the final round of the tournament, or even if the professor is going to injure the student, but I couldn't help but worry, since Ceil's participating.

I figured I don't really have any control of the situation, so I'd much rather watch the match. The tournament is not exactly public but also not a private event. The students get 3 tickets to hand to people. Most only use 1-2, so I bet I can ask Ceil for one.

———————————————————————-

It was lunch, so I went up to where Ceil was sitting and sat down across from him. "Ceil." I called.

"Hm? What is it?"

"Can I have a ticket to the sword fighting tournament, please?" I asked. He looked at me surprised,

"Why do you want to go?" He asked, suspicious.

"I just want to watch you guys!" What I said is kind of the truth, I've never actually seen Ceil fight.

He stayed silent for a while, "no." He said.

I was kind if surprised. Why? It's not much I'm asking.

"Did you already give out your tickets?" I asked, maybe there was someone else he invited.

"No, I have 2, I gave one to my father, but It's unnecessary for you to be there, it will be boring and only take up your time." He said , not looking me in the eye.

"It doesn't have to be interesting! Please?" I asked again.

"No" he said again.

We went back and forth for a while and I decided to give up. I felt a bit dejected. I just wanted to watch over, since someone might get hurt, well, I'm mostly only worried about Ceil.

————————————————————————

It was the day of the tournament, and Ceil was about to head to the stadium to get ready. I tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around, raising his brow.

"I wanted to wish you good luck." I said, making a small smile.

Ceil smiled at me, "Thank's, I'll need it."

After he left, I fell to the floor and covered my now hot face with my hands. That was embarrassing to say, I felt like the heroine that wished luck to the capture target before the tournament, of course, Ceil didn't think much of it, but I still felt embarrassed.