Chapter 13: You are hiding something from me

Ceil POV

Al has been acting weird lately. The first day of school, i figured it was just stress. But even if it was stress, It's abnormal. When he normally stressed, he usually kept his face steady, but you could feel that he was anxious. When school started, he did less to hide the fact that he was anxious.

I confronted him about it, but he said it was okay, and that there's nothing to worry about, so I dropped it. I want to help him, but it seems he wants to keep this problem to himself. I wish he trusted me more.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and a frown set upon my face. It was Violet. This girl has been bothering me for a while.

I though at first in the entrance ceremony, that she would be a nice classmate, but she just ended up being one of my biggest problems.

"What is it?" I asked, turning back to face the board.

"Well, I spoke to the teacher that's going to be leading the expedition, and she let me into your group!" She said with a smile. A shiver ran down my spine.

The fourth person in our expedition group was left unsolved, as Curtis, the person who I wanted to ask, was already in a group. So we said to the professor that we'll just stay 3, he said it was fine.

This girl, Violet, though, kept asking me if I could join our group. I declined, obviously. But she kept bothering me. She even asked Curtis once. I didn't think she'd coarse the teacher.

"Why can't you just leave me alone! I don't want to be in a group with you!" I turned around and raised my voice a bit.

"Don't yell so hard. It's fine, I won't bother you." She said chuckling.

I wasn't afraid of her bothering us, but about Al, he was already uncomfortable around strangers, and I noticed he grows stiff when she's near, so I don't know how he will react when I tell him that she has joined our group. God, I hope he isn't mad at me.

It's already too late to change the groups. The professor has probably already organised everything, so there's no backing out of this. This girl is making me really mad.

————————————————————————

I made my way to the classroom, where I could see Al spacing out, like usual. I went over and gave him a "hello"

He finally noticed me and made a small smile and said, "good morning." I almost fell to the ground. I was not used to that smile of his, when he first did that, it took me a while before I could look at his face again. Seriously, it's like he knows.

I sat down next to him, and took a deep breath. "Al, I have something to tell you, please don't be mad..."

He turned to me with a questioning look. "What is it?"

I had to calm my heart before I could say it. "It seems the professor has assigned us another member for the expedition, it's the girl called Violet, the one from the entrance ceremony."

I didn't tell him that she herself bothered me about joining the group, he doesn't need to worry about that. I guess i'm kind of a hypocrite for hiding things from him while complaining about the same thing.

I turned to look at his face, and it was of complete shock, and anxiety. I had never seen him this distraught. It has to do something with the thing he's hiding from me.

"U-um, I'm not mad... not at you, you're not at fault!" He said, seeming to try and look composed, but like always, I could tell he was still affected. Why is he so scared of it?

"Are you ok?" I tried to ask, knowing I won't get a truthful answer.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said, with that look still on his face....