Chapter 20: Brother knows

A/N came here to say, your comments are not funny, try harder /hj

It had been a few days since Ceil's injury heeled, and although I though the revelation of my feelings for Ceil would change my whole life, but it didn't. I was afraid Ceil would see through my now conscious self, but it didn't seem like he did. I was kind of relieved that nothing changed, as I would be too terrified of what Ceil would say.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Ceil sitting next to me in the library. For the past few day's we've been meeting to discuss the future events. It's only a week away, so we don't have much time.

"Oh yeah, Ceil, what do you want for your birthday?" I asked. Although out of all the times I've asked him every year, he just responds with "anything". But I don't fail to keep asking every year.

"How about a favor?" He said.

"Huh? How does that work?"

He rested his chin on his arm, "I can ask you anything, and you have to say yes, and I can cash it in any time." He smiled.

"Um, sure. But i doubt there's something I'd refuse to do anyway.."

————————————————————————

"I have something to do in the palace, want to come with me?" Ceil, asked, looking like he was getting ready to leave.

I sat up from the couch. "Yes!" I always enjoyed historical objects, and Ceil's palace reminded me a lot of them, except they weren't crumbled, and you could actually walk trough them. Ceil, of course, knows this, and so takes me to the castle whenever he can.

I quickly got ready and in a fee minutes we were sitting in the carriage. "So, what did you need at the palace?"

"I need to talk to my father about the security of the party. I have to be discreet, since he doesn't know your secret."

"You haven't told him?" I was surprised.

"Yes. I can just ask for increased security, or something. He will find out about the demons when we catch that infiltrating demon. There is no need to share your secret."

"Thank you." I smiled, feeling a little warm in my heart.

We were soon at the Palace. Ceil turned to me and said, "I' going to meet my father, you can go look around." And then walked into the many hallways of this palace.

The first times Ceil invited me here, I had wanted to look around, but I was too nervous, and had to have Ceil escort me. But after a few years, I could go off on my own. The staff here know me pretty well, I'd say.

I normally don't go in any rooms, unless the door is open and I have permission, this is still somebodies home after all.

I was walking along the many hallways, slowly admiring the architecture and design, when I spot a familiar peace of blonde hair.

————————————————————————

Alex POV

I was walking through the hallways, immersing myself of the feeling of being home, when I heard someone ask, "Ceil?" The voice seemed to belong to a teen, like my brother.

I looked around, to try and find any indication that Ceil is there, my eyes stumbling upon a black haired boy looking at me, leaning out of the corner. Who was this? Did Ceil get a new friend? Why had he never told me?

The boy seemed to realise he made a mistake, and disappeared. I quickly made my way there, looking around, trying to find him. I looked trough some of the halls and rooms, when I finally found him, looking admirably at the great hall. I quietly got behind him and said in a hushed tone "Pretty isn't it?"