Chapter 29: He's The Demon King, why wouldn't he?

Violet POV

Today is the graduation event, It was an important event in the story, since this was the first time the demons attacked directly, and what made the King realize that the demon organization is asking for war.

I asked Caspen if we are going to attack the school, but he denied it, saying that he will just make an appearance and request to speak with the king.

I guess this story line is really from the DLC, since the demon king just attacked the school, without showing himself.

It still felt weird. I know I'm pretty naive most of the time, but I know how suspicious it was when he came up to me. I don't know what he wants, but it could be something to do with 'Violet's" light magic. Demons are attracted to it, it's kind of like a weird drug for them, it can make them intoxicated.

The demon king asked me to figure out how he can blend in as a student unnoticed. When he asked for help, I couldn't help but become more suspicious.

I heard of the demon that attacked Alice's brother at the Birthday party, I wasn't there myself, but I heard the news. People were supposed to die that night. I know that demon was working for the organization, I don't know if it was a direct order, or just something the demon did on a whim.

I really let my attraction to handsome men get in the way if my critical thinking again, didn't I. Well, I can remain suspicious, but I can't act on anything. This man is extremely dangerous. Every single demon under him treads on ice when speaking to him, hoping they won't get killed.

'Violet' is an exception it seems. I guess he wants something from me after all. I have no idea what right now, but hopefully I will be able to find out more over time. It's not like I can leave.

———————————————————

I.... have come to school with the demon king right next to me. He told me to tell everyone that he's my brother...

I know one of the dark magic arts is shapeshifting, but this seems like too much effort, and for what? Walking around the school?

This has been the most nerve racking thing I've ever done in my life. What the heck is wrong with this guy?! Well, a lot of things, he is the token yandere character after all. Anyway, I'm beginning to having a harder and harder time figuring this guys intentions. 

It's not like I can ask him! Let me ask you, if you asked an almighty demon king if they are planning somethin suspicious, and they responded with 'no', would you trust him? I thought so. 

All this man wanted to do was walk around and look around, like this was some kind of high school festival! I was looking around in the crowd for anyone who might notice something off with my 'brother', when I spot a student looking over at us, or rather the demon king. At first I thought we had been caught, but when I took a quick glance at the demon king, he was looking at the student as well.....

I didn't want to arouse any suspicion, so I didn't look at the student again, but kept him in my peripheral vision. I couldn't tell much, but it seems like he moved his head, probably nodding, and then turned around to walk away. Well, that was suspicious. 

Could they be.......communicating? What the fuck? He has spies in our fucking school? Then why did he need me? God, I hate smart people, they stress me out. But, if he is somehow telepathically communicating with his spies, that probably means he is planning something he doesn't want to tell me. And that something is probably something that 'Violet' would not support, and would turn away from.

As I continued to guide him through the school, I noticed this 'telepathy' thing happening a few more times. I made sure not to glace directly at them, or even stop for a bit when they did it, as to try and hide the fact I knew what they were doing. I don't want to know what would happen to me if he gets mad. Probably not going to get killed, but torture is a possibility.