3 - Rome with a roman

The same day, back in the hotel...

-I'm sorry madam, but it's not possible to book a whole week. You can only extend your stay two more nights as we are fully booked for the weekend.

-Oh... OK, I'll take the two nights then - I reply to the receptionist. I guess I'll have to look for another hotel from friday onwards.

I go up to my room and empty my bag onto the bed. "Let's see... two summer dresses, two pairs of shorts, two t-shirts, a skirt and five pairs of knickers". This is all I have to my name right now.

I decide to spend the afternoon in a shopping center not far from the hotel. I buy a couple more garments in the summer sales, and some bits and pieces of makeup.

At eight o'clock in the evening I'm looking for somewhere to eat when my phone starts ringing. I don't recognize the number. "Hello?".

-OK y/n, I need to know if you really are in Rome right now or if you've gone funny in the head and been admitted into a mental hospital. -It's Natalie, she's obviously read the email.

-Hi Nats! Where are you phoning from? I didn't recognize the number.

-From the phone in my hotel room, but you're not answering my question... is it all true?? -she's desperate for an answer.

-Yes, it is. I don't know what the universe is playing at with me, but everything you've read has really happened.

-Oh my fucking God y/n!! I would pay to see you slapping your boss with his false piece of hair! Do they have security cameras in that office? I want a copy! -she was laughing her head off- and, if I ever cross that fucking asshole of George in the street I will also kick his balls as hard as I can.

-Yeah, well, I don't know if they exploded when I punched them the other day -we both laughed and kept talking about my last day in London for a while until Natalie changed the subject.

-And now, you lucky bitch, tell me all about Mr. Gorgeous Damiano. Is he as flaming hot in person?

-Oh Natalie, he's a dream... you know the first thing I notice in someone is always their mouth, right?

-Yes, I know... you and your fixation with mouth and teeth...

-Well, I nearly drooled when he smiled at me -I smile to myself while I remember the exact moment.

-Wow, I think I would have passed out if it happened to me... -suddenly a voice in the background calls for my friend- Coming! -she replies- I have to go now y/n, but please keep me informed! I want all the details of tomorrow's adventure...

-OK, don't worry, I'll keep you updated! -I promise her.

-Perfect! Bye y/n, love you!

-Love you too, Nats. Have a good day! - We hang up and I go to the nearest restaurant to have something quick to eat and get back to the hotel.

When I lie on the bed it takes me some time to get to sleep. I can't stop thinking of what tomorrow will bring... I'm so excited!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The next day...

I wake up and get in the shower while I sing along to Coraline. Then I put on a cool flowery summer dress and a pair of sandals. Light makeup, a bit of perfume and I'm out the door heading for Locanda dei fiori.

I sit down at the same table as yesterday, and ask for a coffee. I don't think I can eat anything right now.

I entertain myself by checking my Instagram account when a couple of hands land on my shoulders.