13 - Garlasco II

Damiano's POV

I look out the train window, with my forehead pressed against the glass, just staring at the scenery.

I'm excited at the fact that we're heading to the Maneskin house to record our new album, but I'm also concerned about the way things are going with y/n.

Deep down I know she's right, and I shouldn't be scared of going out to the world and living my life the way I want, but for fuck's sake! I also have the right to privacy.

I shut my eyes trying to figure out how to make things right, when something hits me on the head. I open my eyes again to find a squashed sandwich on my lap.

-Hey Damiano, I thought you might be hungry! -shouts out Vic from her seat two rows ahead from me, and all three of them burst out laughing.

-Fuck off, Vic... -I reply, and I throw the sandwich back at her.

-Wow, you're a cranky bastard today, aren't you? -she says frowning at me- Maybe I should throw you a box of high fiber cereals so you can get rid of that shitty temper.

I wave my middle finger at her and begin to stare again out the window. I'm really not in the mood for it.

When we arrive at the house, happy memories come back to me. The smell, the atmosphere... The same furniture remains waiting for us, like the first day we arrived with a suitcase full of dreams.

-Guys, the phones... -says Ethan going round each of us with a black velvet box.

We all put our devices in, and Ethan seals the box.

-Done! -he exclaims- the next time we open this box we will have a new album ready to release.

-Yes, let's go for it ladies! -I shout out, but then I realise- Fuck, I didn't text y/n saying we arrived!

-But the rules are the rules, Damiano! -says Vic trying to imitate me. Then she rolls her eyes at me- Don't worry, I sent her a message. She knows we're here.

-Thank you -I reply. At least Vic has contacted her, although I don't feel good about not doing it myself.

We don't waste time, and we spend the rest of the morning putting the instruments together.

By lunch time, our manager arrives as we're sitting down at the table to eat.

-Ciao Ferraguzzo! Please sit down and join us! -I say to him as we tap each other on the back.

-Good afternoon ragazzi! -he replies while he sits down at the table- Are you ready? We can start after lunch if you want.

-Great! -says Vic- If everything goes well we could even finish earlier than expected.

We're all up for it, and after we finish eating we enclose ourselves in the studio and end up recording three songs during the afternoon.

When I get into bed at night, I stare at the ceiling, not able to close my eyes. I feel so much her absence... I begin to realize how much I've grown accustomed to her, how much I need her in my life. The hustle of the day soon starts to kick in, and I finally fall asleep thinking of y/n.

The following morning we all get up early and have some breakfast in the kitchen. I'm finishing the last of my coffee when someone bangs hard on the main door.

-I'll get it -says our manager, and he disappears out of the kitchen. A minute later he returns and stares at me- Damiano... it's for you.

-Who is it? -I ask him. I'm not expecting anyone, so I start to think something bad has happened.