12 - Garlasco

It's Sunday afternoon and we're all at Vic's house, chilling out before the band leaves the following morning for Garlasco.

-I wish you could come with us -says to me Vic.

-Well, it's not like we're gonna be partying -replies Damiano, taking a puff on his cigarette- we'll be all day in the studio recording.

Victoria rolls her eyes up at him.

-I know we're not going on holiday... but she'll be all by herself for three days. -she waves her hands in the air trying to make her point.

-Don't worry about it Vic, I'll find things to do -I reply to her- it's only three days.

-I'll try to sneak out and phone you at night time -says Vic winking at me.

-But the rules are the rules Vic! No contact from anyone outside until we finish recording -says Ethan solemnly.

When they recorded their first album they established some rules, and one of them was that they would leave their phones in a box once they entered the Maneskin house, and wouldn't touch them until they finished. Like this they wouldn't get distracted by anything during the recording session, and nothing would get filtered out before it was meant to be.

-Holy fuck, see what I have to work with? -exclaims Vic looking at me- these are the so-called "wild kids", fearless of breaking the law...

-Ethan is right, Vic -replies Damiano taking sides- I mean, we created those rules ourselves...

-Evenmore so -fights back Vic- If we created them we can change them!

Damiano closes his eyes for a split moment, trying not to lose his patience.

-There is no sense in laying down rules if you change them when it suits you best! -he replies, staring at her.

-Guys, please, stop it! -I yell- We're only talking about three days! -I place my hand on Vic's shoulder and continue speaking- I really appreciate it honey, but I don't want you to argue because of me.

-OK... -she finally gives up- but I'll phone you as soon as we finish!

-We can all make a video call when we finish -proposes Thomas.

-Now, that's good thinking! -says Vic, as she high fives with Thomas.

The rest of the afternoon goes by peacefully and it's not long after we leave. I hug Vic, Ethan and Thomas as I won't be seeing them until they return.

-I hope you have a good journey, and that everything goes well -I say to them.

-Thank you honey, we'll be back before you know it -replies Vic as she kisses my cheek.

When we arrive at the apartment Damiano starts to check the list of things he's going to take, making sure everything is in his bag.

-I think that's it. I'm only missing the phone charger, but I will put that in tomorrow morning -he says.

We haven't really smoothed things out since the discussion we had a couple of nights ago. I only told him what I thought, and I don't think I have to apologize for anything. Damiano hasn't said anything either, and although he's acted as if nothing happened, the truth is we have been more distant.

-Are you nervous? -I ask him.

-Yes, a bit -he replies- But I know it will all turn out fine.

Their train departs at seven in the morning, so we go to bed early.

-Good night love -I say to Damiano.

-Good night -he replies, placing a kiss on my lips and laying on his back, with his hands under his head. He closes his eyes and sighs restless.