5 - The Pool Party

The following morning I wake up with a terrible headache. I open my eyes to see what the time is.

-Nearly 9:30... I guess I should think of getting up -I say to myself.

I get out of bed, open the bedroom door and the smell of coffee reaches me immediately "Mmm, a cup of coffee is just what I need...".

I enter the living room at the same time Damiano comes out of the kitchen. He's freshly showered, wearing a white tank top and a pair of red shorts.

-Good morning sleeping beauty! How are you feeling? -he seems so full of life this morning.

-I feel as if a herd of rhinos had been dancing on top of my head all night -I sit down on a chair and hold my head between my hands. Damiano laughs as he puts a cup of coffee and an ibuprofen pill in front of me.

-Here, this will make you feel better. A shower afterwards will finish the trick -he takes his own cup and also sits at the table.

-Thank you -I reply in a low voice. Memories of last night are coming back to me and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

There's an awkward silence between us but then Damiano starts to speak:

-y/n...regarding last night, I'm sorry I didn't handle it better.

-No Damiano, please... let's just not talk about it, ok? -I cut him. I really can't bear this level of embarrassment right now.

-But I think you don't understand... -he insists.

-I beg you, please! Let's just forget about it and pretend nothing ever happened. -he's frowning at me because he wants to continue with the conversation, but I need to change the subject- So, tell me... what's the plan for today?

He stares at me with a serious face for a couple of seconds, but he ends up giving in.

-We don't have a fixed hour, we can leave when we're ready. -he starts saying- the party is at Vic's house, Ethan and Thomas will also come. Maybe Vic's sister will hang around for a bit, but she comes and goes when she likes.

-OK, I'd better get going then! -I drink the last sip from my cup as I stand up.

Afterwards, I take a quick shower and as Damiano predicted, I feel much better. I dry my hair straight and put on the navy blue dress I was supposed to wear yesterday afternoon. Black eyeliner, waterproof mascara and red lips. A bit of perfume and I'm ready. I step out of the bathroom and Damiano is already waiting for me.

He turns to look at me and I can see by his face he likes what he sees.

-You look stunning! -his compliment makes me smile- have you remembered the bikini?

-Thank you! Yes, I already have it on under the dress. -I reply.

-Perfect! let's go then -he's in a good mood again and that makes me feel relieved.

We arrived at Victoria's house on his motorcycle. It's a detached house with a private pool, on the outskirts of the city. Damiano rings on the door and we hear someone shouting inside "Coming!". A couple of seconds after, the door opens and Victoria appears behind it.

-Oh, you must be y/n! Nice to meet you! -she hugs me and gives me a kiss on each cheek- Please come in, I'll show you the house.

-Nice to meet you too Victoria! -she hangs on my arm and leads the way into the house.

-You can call me Vic if you want, Victoria sounds too serious - this girl is so charming... I already feel comfortable with her.

-Hellooo? Have I become invisible? I'm here!! -says Damiano, that hasn't been acknowledged by Vic since we arrived.