11 - Home Alone

Time flies by, and without realizing it we are in the middle of august.

Until now nothing has been spoken about what there is between us, but I live happy days next to Damiano.

One afternoon he comes back from the studio very excited.

-We've done it y/n! We finished composing the album! -he exclaims.

-Wow, that's great! -I reply to him happily- I can't wait to listen to it.

-It won't be long now. Next week we'll travel to Garlasco for the recording -he explains- Then we'll decide which will be the first single and plan out the tour and interviews.

Later on, after dinner, he keeps telling me all about the promotional tour they will be doing during the winter, and all the arrangements that need to be done.

-This is our big opportunity y/n, with this album we will consolidate as a rock band worldwide. -he says while we sit on the sofa.

-I'm so happy for you, I hope everything works out as expected. -I reply.

-It will -he says determined. Then he picks up a notepad and starts writing in it.

When it starts to get late, I turn off the TV. Damiano is still staring into deep thought and noting ideas in his notepad when I get up from the sofa.

-Are you coming to bed, love? -I ask him, placing a kiss on his neck.

-You be going, I'll come in a minute -he replies, pinching his fingers between his eyes- I need to finish elaborating this idea.

-OK... -I mutter as I head for the bedroom.

I get into bed, and try to keep awake waiting for him, but I finally fall asleep stroking Lego and Bidet.

The next morning I wake up alone in bed. I go into the living room and find Damiano asleep on the sofa. I lean over to take his notepad and place it on the table, but as soon as I touch it he wakes up and hangs on to it tight.

-Good morning, love! It's only me, I was going to put it on the table -I say to him.

He blinks a couple of times and finally realises where he is.

-Good morning babe -he replies stretching out.

-Did you finish what you were doing last night? -I ask.

-Yes, more or less. -he says as he stands up- I have to meet up with the guys and talk through these new ideas with them.

-Oh, I thought you had the day off today. -I reply.

-Yes, well... I won't be long. I'll be back for lunch and we can go somewhere nice to eat -he says, and he gives me a quick kiss before running off to the shower.

Fifteen minutes later he appears again freshly showered and shaved, ready to go out the door.

-I'm off now -he says, picking up his keys- I'll text you when I'm on my way back.

-OK, see you later! -he kisses me goodbye and leaves.

I decide to dress up pretty for when he returns, so I lock myself in the bathroom for a full beauty session: pedicure, manicure, depilation, face treatment... the whole lot. I put my makeup on and I braid my hair to one side. I chose a fine emerald green dress, and some matching earrings. When I finish I look in the mirror, pleased with what I see.

I check the time and It's past one o'clock, but there's still no news of Damiano. I don't want to disturb him with a phone call, so I text him:

Me: Hi! Everything OK?