22 - Epilogue (Part Two)

Hi everybody! Sorry for the delay in publishing...

After I wrote the first epilogue I left the story for a couple of days, and when I came back to it I really didn't know how to continue with the last part.

This must be the 7th version I wrote... the previous ones were too corny, too simple or too whatever...

Maybe this version isn't the best one either, but promises are made to keep, so here you have the second epilogue, and last part of the story.

TW: there's a bloody scene (not too crude, but I like to warn).

I hope you like it!  ❤

*******************************

7 years later...

-Come on, or we'll be late! -I shout out at Damiano from the living room.

-Coming! -I hear him say from the top of the stairs.

I still can't get used to the size of this house. It's been a year since we moved into this two floored villa in the outskirts of Rome. We really loved our little apartment in the city, but it was getting a bit small for our plans.

-Hurry up, man! -I shout out again. I really can't be done with these mood changes... I go from laughter to rage in a blink of an eye.

While I wait for my husband, I let myself fall on to the sofa and start flicking through the channels. Suddenly, something catches my eye. There's a breaking news announcement.

"The police are requesting citizen collaboration to find a dangerous psychopath that escaped Rome's mental hospital this morning..."

I freeze on the spot when they show the picture of the escaped person.

"Her name is Valeria Moon. She was arrested nearly eight years ago, accused of homicide and attempted murder of a second victim. During these years she hasn't shown any signs of regret, and the psychiatrists that have treated her define her as a threat to the population."

-Holy shit, not that nutter again... -I curse out loud.

-So now I'm a nutter? -asks Damiano behind me.- Geez, those hormones are making you so snappy!

-No, it's not you darling... -I reply frowning at him- It's Valeria, she's escaped the mental home.

-What? -he exclaims. He sits next to me and listens to the news.- I will hire private security, I'm not taking any risks until they catch her.

-Ok, we will sort it out tomorrow morning -I say to him- She's not going to ruin our special night.

He doesn't seem very keen, but we exit the house and drive up to Vic's.

Everybody's there when we ring on the doorbell.

-Come on in! -says Vic- Thomas is tuning the TV channel, and the pizzas will be here in fifteen minutes.

Tonight is Eurovision. Watching it all together is a tradition we've kept through the years since they won the contest back in 2021.

-Everything sounds great -I say as she gives me a kiss on the cheek.

-By the way, have you seen the news? -asks Vic, concerned- That fucking mad bitch has escaped...

-Yes, we have -answers Damiano- I'm hiring bodyguards first thing in the morning.

-Good, the more protection the better -she says- Now, let's just relax and enjoy the night. We're safe here.

We enter the living room and everybody's sitting around the gigantic U shaped sofa.